Senior Lecturer, Department of Pharmacolog
The National University of Singapore (NUS) Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine invites applications for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer position on the Educator Track Scheme in the Department of Pharmacology. The Department teaches medical, dental, nursing, pharmacy, and life science students at both undergraduate and graduate levels (more information on the Department is available at http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/medphc/). Appointments will be made on a 2 to 3 years contract basis in the first instance with possibility of extension, depending on performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate will be responsible to the Head of Department and will work closely with the Education Directors to contribute to excellence in pharmacology education. The Lecturer will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate-level medical, dental, nursing, pharmacy, and life science students. The lecturer will be expected to show teaching achievement as evidenced by positive impact on student learning as well as commitment to collegial sharing of his/her work within the local educational environment.
The successful candidate will be a champion for innovation and entrepreneurship in online education, educational technology, continuing education and training (CET), or other aspects of medical and health professions education. The Lecturer will be expected to compete for independent extramural/intramural education research funding, participate and publish scholarly research in pharmacology education. The appointee will also be expected to contribute to service to the Department and University as assigned by the Head of Department.
The applicant should have:
- PhD or MD degree or equivalent, preferably in pharmacology or related disciplines;
- Potential for development as an outstanding educator;
- Knowledge of and interest in pharmacology;
- Interest in innovation and entrepreneurship in education and/or scholarly research in education; and
- Applicants with a first degree in pharmacology, medicine, or pharmacy and a track record of excellence in education will be preferred. Some teaching experience in higher education settings will be an advantage. Criteria for appointment will include some or all of the following;
- Effective design, delivery, supervision and assessment that focuses on the students’ learning process;
- Innovative course design and/or delivery and/or assessment (including where applicable use of technology to further these ends); and
- Reflective and professional approach to teaching and student learning.