Academic Planning and Curriculum Coordinator
Job Title Academic Planning and Curriculum Coordinator
Department Name Academic Quality Assurance
Under the guidance of the Manager of QU Health Academic Quality Assurance, monitors, facilitates and coordinates the continuous improvement of academic offerings and existing programs at QU Health. Performs professional level duties related to the curriculum programs at QU Health. Coordinates the curriculum approval and enhancement process at QU Health. Supports faculty and departments through research, evaluation and summarization of program proposals. Functions as focal point on the curriculum process. Ensures that universities educational standards, rules and regulations are followed
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Coordinates the Curriculum Enhancement process.
2. Works in partnership with QUHealth colleges and programs to design and maintain high-quality curricula and to plan curriculum developments such as the restructuring of existing programs, development of new courses, and changes in the attributes of existing courses.
3. Serves as a resource person to faculty, staff, and management on curriculum enhancement requirements. Works collaboratively with faculty, staff and management to ensure compliance with Qatar University rules and policies.
4. Facilitates and coordinates the work of the QU Health Curriculum Enhancement Committee and the QU Health Learning Outcome and Assessment Committee; Attends committee meetings and ensures that meeting minutes are distributed in a timely manner.
5. Coordinates and follows upon the development of the university catalogs.
6. Reviews, evaluates curriculum enhancement request and proposals from programs and colleges.
7. Coordinates and liaises with the university level Curriculum Enhancement Committee.
8. Collects, maintains, and organizes curriculum enhancement related data; reviews curriculum and course related data, and provides data analysis and reporting as needed.
9. Provide periodic reports on the curriculum enhancement process and its outcomes
10. Work in partnership with the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs to ensure consistency and accuracy of curriculum and course related records.
11 . As directed, conducts benchmark research for new programs; and supports the development of feasibility studies for new programs. Supports the evaluation of proposed curriculum to determine quality and impact on college curriculum.
12 . Assists with special projects and identifying training needs involving program development, administration and articulation.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned
- An earned Master degree. A PhD is preferable.
- A minimum of five years of progressive experience in higher education.
- Demonstrable experience in curriculum design and development and quality assurance processes.
- Knowledge of instruction and teaching methods needs assessment and research methods.
- Knowledge of student learning outcomes and assessment.
- Effective communication skills, both in oral and written form, ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to utilize computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities
1.Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees and contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephone contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where coursework was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application Benefits
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private healthcare and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HRpolicies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
1. Returning Applicant: Please log into update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
2. New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Applications should contain a letter of personal statement/philosophy along with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae that include list of publications, together with names, addresses, telephone, and email address of five referees. The application must be submitted electronically. The deadline for submission is one rolling basis.