Instructor - Forestry and Arboriculture (Part time) Barony
INSTRUCTOR – FORESTRY AND ARBORICULTURE
Part time, Permanent
£23,486 - £26,637 per annum (pro-rata)
SRUC (Scotland’s Rural College) is a widely respected higher education and further education institute dedicated to producing specialist research, delivering high quality education and providing comprehensive consultancy services in the rural sector within the UK and beyond. An organisation unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe; we aim to lead the way in innovation and sustainable development in the agriculture and rural sectors at local, national and international levels.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Forestry and Arboriculture team based at SRUC’s Barony Campus.
The successful candidate will have proven experience of working in the Arboriculture or Forestry industries to include chainsaw operations and daily machine maintenance. They will have experience of working to deadlines within the forestry and arboriculture commercial sectors.
Key responsibilities of the Instructor will include:
- Contributing to the development and delivery of an industry-led, vibrant programme of growth for SRUC’s forestry and arboriculture education and training capability in the South and West Faculty
- Contributing to the delivery of forestry related training and education activities in the South and West Faculty, including both campus-based and work-based students
- Providing guidance and support to enable learners from all sections of the community to be included in education and achieve their potential as successful learners and future citizens
- Planning and preparing an engaging, inclusive learning experience to progress learning, working both independently and cooperatively with others where relevant
- Ensuring that campus-based and work-based learning programmes meet as a minimum the relevant contractual and QA/QC requirements, including the compilation and submission of internal and external data and reports as required
- Ensuring compliance with the policy and guidelines on health and safety in teaching
- Working with the Senior Forester to help identify opportunities to further develop the academic portfolio to increase student recruitment
- Working with the Senior Forester to help identify opportunities to further develop the academic portfolio for national and international recruitment
- Contributing, where relevant, to the delivery of wider forestry and environmental management related training and education activities, including assisting with the development of a good working relationship with colleagues that have relevant interests (e.g. within SAC Consulting)
This is a permanent, part time role of 21 hours per week (0.6 FTE).
Further details on the responsibilities and requirements for this role can be found in the Job Particulars document which you must read before applying for this role
Closing date: 10 December 2021
Please note, interview are expected to take place at Barony Campus on 16 December 2021.
SRUC: Leading the way in Agricultural and Rural Research, Education and Consultancy.
SRUC is committed to valuing Diversity, advancing Equality and respecting Human Rights throughout the organisation and encouraging applications from disabled people using the “Disability Confident Employer” symbol. SRUC is a member of the Athena SWAN charter.
SRUC. A Charitable company limited by guarantee, SC003712. Registered in Scotland No SC103046