Senior Lecturer in Psychology
Senior Lecturer in Psychology
DMU is set to open a new overseas campus, offering a range of courses to students in Dubai. Based in Dubai International Academic City, the opening marks the first time DMU has ran a campus overseas and the milestone is part of the university's wider TransNational Education (TNE) programme.
De Montfort University (DMU) has a compelling and ambitious global agenda with a sharp focus on delivering quality teaching and learning, and a campus-wide focus on providing a high-quality student experience.
A culturally rich university with a genuine commitment to contributing for the public good, it strives to maintain a stimulating and inclusive environment where staff and students are able to thrive. DMU is a vibrant, multicultural hub of learning, creativity and innovation that is daring and successful. This success is built on providing students with fantastic experiential learning coupled with award-winning teaching and world-class facilities that help students develop the skills and attitudes employers demand.
Faculty / Directorate
The Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing, (SEC) is home to a diverse range of courses across three specialist areas including Psychology, taught by experienced academics.
The Faculty is seeking an experienced academic in the subject of Psychology to support the development, delivery and management of courses offered at DMU Dubai. The purpose of the role is to contribute to teaching and support of students on undergraduate and foundation Psychology programmes. This includes preparation and delivery of lectures, seminars, and practical workshops; teaching of research methods, setting and marking of assessments, project supervision and personal tutoring. You will also work closely with lab technicians to prepare and deliver the module requirements.
You will have a PhD in Psychology or equivalent post-graduate qualification (e.g. professional doctorate). We are looking for you to have expertise in a core area of Psychology (e.g. Cognitive, Social, Biological, Developmental, Individual Differences). You will be familiar with delivering teaching and learning within a Higher Education setting. You will be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills and will share DMU’s passion to provide outstanding and inclusive outcomes for all of its students. The successful candidate will have an important role in the delivery of teaching relevant topics, including research methods. Applicants must have the proven ability of excellent communication skills and a strong commitment to teaching relevant subjects at undergraduate level.
- PhD in Psychology (or equivalent professional qualification)
- Expertise and experience in teaching undergraduate Psychology in a higher education context.
- First qualification should confer eligibility for the graduate basis for chartered membership of the British Psychological Society, or equivalent.
- Interest and evidence of expertise appropriate to teaching quantitative and/or qualitative research methods at undergraduate level.
- Experience of setting and marking assessments in a University setting.
- Subject expertise in a core area of Psychology (e.g. Cognitive, Social, Biological, Developmental, Individual Differences).
- Experience of, and a commitment to quality assurance processes operating in higher education.
- Experience of using technology to enhance learning.
- Ability to present in a competent, coherent and engaging manner.
- Professional teaching qualification.
- Taught postgraduate qualification in Psychology.
- Professional qualification in Psychology.
- Research publications in high impact journals.
- Eligibility to become chartered with the British Psychological Society.
What’s Next? At the present time, we wish to hear from candidates who are already located in the Middle East and hold the required permits to reside and work, full-time in Dubai. We invite interested parties to submit their CV and cover letter to the Subject Head, Fuad Khoshnaw by email to:email@example.com. In your application, please state your availability / work notice period.
Informal enquiries to Fuad Khoshnaw firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Head for Science, Engineering and Computing. DMU Dubai.
Additional Information De Montfort University (DMU) is an ambitious, globally minded and culturally rich university. People are at the heart of DMU. We place being a truly inclusive university at the centre of everything we do. Every single staff and student at DMU is different. Critical to our success as a university is the understanding that the diversity of staff, students and the community we serve enhances our strength, opportunities and creativity. It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, ethnic or national origin, religious or political beliefs or family circumstances.