VinUniversity Faculty Development Fellowship
The VinUniversity Faculty Development Fellowship (VFDF) is designed to bring highly talented Vietnamese-origin faculty from all over the world to VinUniversity (VinUni), the first world-class, private, not-for-profit university in Vietnam. This fellowship provides exceptional opportunities to talented fresh Ph.Ds for fast-track career and processional enhancement in Vietnam with mentorship from distinguished senior faculty members at Cornell University (USA).
The VFDF program invites applications from scholars in several academic areas in which VinUniversity offers degree programs, including Business & Management, Engineering, and Computer Science. We particularly encourage applications from candidates who have the passion and drive to make strong positive impact and create breakthrough innovations within higher education in Vietnam.
This fellowship is designed to provide research and teaching mentorship at Cornell University’s highly regarded SC Johnson College of Business, College of Computing and Information Science, or College of Engineering for a period two semesters over the course of three years. The VFDF Fellows will have full-time faculty teaching, research and service responsibilities at VinUniversity in the remaining semesters.
Why join VFDF?
By joining this program, you will have the opportunity to fast-track your professional career development in addition to attractive financial support and benefits, including:
- Fast-track appointment and promotion to senior faculty ranks after successfully completing the program.
- Individually-customized mentorship program with world-renowned senior professors at Cornell University (as Faculty Mentor and Teaching Mentor).
- Opportunities to co-develop high quality grant proposals, research projects and publications with Cornell mentors.
- Appointed as a visiting scholar at Cornell University, providing access to Cornell’s library and research resources including laboratories, participation in research seminars and several other campus activities.
- Attractive and highly competitive stipend for the entire duration of the fellowship.
- Full expense coverage for the entire program including mentorship semesters at Cornell University.
- Opportunity to take advantage of all benefits and privileges available to VinUniversity faculty such as research seed-grant program; teaching and learning excellence training programs; and collaboration with Vingroup ecosystem organizations.
- Opportunity to work at QS5* rated world-class campus at VinUniversity with state-of-the-art facilities. Additional benefits include discounts and special offers from Vingroup companies such as Vinpearl, Vinmec, Vinschool, Vinfast and others.
Responsibilities and Commitment:
- Be proactively engaged in the program, make efforts to achieve expected goals as specified in the Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Commit to long-term work as full-time faculty at VinUniversity, dedicated to contributing to the significant development of higher education in Vietnam.
- Fresh Ph.D or postdoctoral researcher from an internationally accredited university.
- Evidence of high-quality research potential.
- Dedicated to engaged, active, experiential, and multi-disciplinary learning pedagogies.
- Fields of study and research:
- Entrepreneurship/Innovation Management
- Hospitality Management
- Business Administration (including Human Resources Management/Organizational Behavior/Strategic Management)
- Computer Science
- AI/Machine Learning
- Respect and appreciation for the core values of VinUni: EXCEL (E: Empathy, X: Exceptional Capability, C: Creativity, E: Entrepreneurial Mindset, L: Leadership Spirit).
- Committed to making long-term contributions to the development and growth of higher education in Vietnam.
- Spring 2022 : Selection Process
- Fall 2022 : Join VinUni as full-time faculty
- Fall 2023 : Teaching & Research at VinUni
- Spring 2024 : Teaching & Research at Cornell
- Fall 2024 : Teaching & Research at VinUni
- Spring 2025 : Teaching & Research at Cornell
- Fall 2025 : Return to VinUni as full-time faculty
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Statement
- Research Statement
- Most prominent research outputs/published articles
- Three letters of recommendation/reference
The application and selection process is open, competitive, transparent, and free of charge.
- Application (via this link http://apply.interfolio.com/97824)
- Initial Application Screening
- Initial Interview with VinUni Faculty Dean
- Job Talk
- Agreement Signing
- Match with Cornell Mentor
- Completion of Individual Development Plan (IDP)