Assistant Professor, Comparative Politics/International Relations
The Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU), formerly The Open University of Hong Kong, is a modern, vibrant and dynamic university. We use innovative teaching and education technology to offer world-class education. The University also pursues strategic research in response to the needs of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA), the rest of the country, and the world.
To spearhead the development of higher education in the GBA, HKMU has been working closely with the Zhaoqing Municipal Government and Zhaoqing University to establish the Hong Kong Metropolitan University (Zhaoqing) (MUZQ), pending the approval of the Ministry of Education.
For more information about the University, please visit https://www.hkmu.edu.hk.
We are now inviting suitable candidate(s) to join us in the School of Arts and Social Sciences for the following post(s):
Assistant Professor (Comparative Politics / International Relations) (Ref.: 210020T)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee shall mainly be responsible for the following:
- planning, development, coordination and delivery (including classroom teaching) of courses, and where necessary, programme administration in Politics and Public Administration at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- undertaking/engaging in academic research and publication, and research grant applications;
- participating in scholarly activities, School/University activities and administration; and
- performing any other duties as assigned.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications, experience and competence:
- an earned doctorate in International Relations and/or Comparative Politics with strong research potential, publication records and evidence of quality teaching;
- good academic and professional network for promotion of the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- relevant teaching experience in higher education institutions will be a definite advantage.
Terms and Conditions for Appointment
An attractive remuneration package, including basic salary, an end-of-contract gratuity, and a discretionary incentive payment, where applicable, will be offered to the right candidates. Generous annual leave, staff-development sponsorships, medical and dental benefits, and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Candidates who are interested in joining us may submit their applications via the University’s eRecruitment System.
Closing date of application: 28 November 2021
The personal data collected will be used for the purpose of considering your application for employment. For details, please refer to the “Personal Data (Privacy) Notice for Job Applicant” on the University’s website. If you are not contacted by the University within eight weeks from the closing date of application, you may assume that your application is unsuccessful.