Senior Lecturer, Health Services Management
- Full-time, Continuing
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Teaching and Research
- Level C - $119,899 - $137,724 per annum + 17% superannuation
About the position
Through its China Health Program, La Trobe’s Department of Public Health has long term partnerships for both teaching and research with top tier universities and associated hospitals, such as Tsinghua University, Peking University, Harbin Medical University and Sichuan University to build academic capacity in health management education, health services research and health policy research and teaching
A Level C Senior Lecturer teaching and research academic is expected to develop curriculum, teach, and undertake research and other scholarly work relevant to the development of their discipline or professional field.
An academic at this level will make a significant contribution to the discipline at the national level. They will normally play a major role or provide a significant degree of leadership in scholarly, research and professional activities relevant to the profession.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline area; eligibility for membership of the Australasian College of Health Service Management is desirable.
- Discipline expertise in health economics, health services management and health sector operations/ research.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching with a commitment to excellence in teaching; completion of a Graduate Certificate in Higher Education, or similar qualification/training, would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at course/program/research group or similar level.
- Strong record of research publication, with appropriate evidence of quality and impact.
- Demonstrated record of achievement as a leading practitioner with a reputation for skills, knowledge and expertise at a state/national level.
- Success in obtaining research funding from grants/contracts/consultancies.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team in a co-operative and collegial manner.
- Proven ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honour and postgraduate students.
- Record of successful research student supervision relative to opportunity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Experience in transnational education.
- Demonstrated cultural competency and fluency in Chinese language(s) would be considered an asset.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 5th December 2021
Position Enquiries: Associate Professor Melissa Graham email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.