Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Humanities
About Zhejiang University
Located in the historical and picturesque city of Hangzhou, Zhejiang University is a prestigious institution of higher education with a long history. Qiushi Academy, the predecessor of Zhejiang University, was founded in 1897 and was one of the earliest modern academies of higher learning established in China.
Zhejiang University focuses on assiduous study and research, and science and technological innovation. It has launched a number of international high-end academic platforms and gathered masters, scholars and high-level research teams in various disciplines. In recent years, Zhejiang University maintains a leading position in China in output indicators including publications, patents and etc., and has made abundant important achievements in science, technology, humanities and social sciences. Zhejiang University always takes initiative in catering for national and regional needs, and exerts itself to become an influential high-level source of innovation and a pool of talents.
School of Humanities
The predecessor of School of Humanities was part of two academies, namely Qiushi Academy and Yuying Academy, both of which were established in 1897. Embedded in the ethos of elegance and intelligence, School of Humanities boasts numerous influential scholars and talents, deserving its world reputation as a time-honoured school. Oriented towards heritance and promotion of Chinese culture as mission, the school strives to cultivate well-rounded students with global vision and humanistic spirit, who understand history and embrace future. In pursuit of excellence and innovation while consolidating existing strength, the school is forging ahead steadily.
The school has 5 departments, 18 research institutes, and 28 research centres. Currently it has 205 faculty and staff members, over 740 undergraduates, over 280 master students, over 390 doctoral students and over 140 foreign students.(see school website here)
Zhejiang University “Hundred Talents Program”
- The one who holds this position should engage in high-quality teaching and fulfil the teaching requirements of the relevant school or department.
- The one who holds this position should be engaged in high-level research, implement new developments in the academic discipline, make influential achievements in relevant fields, enhance his/her own international academic influence, and be an internationally active academic member.
- The one who holds this position should facilitate international academic communication and research cooperation, build an international reputation, and strive to become a leading personality in the academic discipline.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The applicant should hold a doctoral degree from a world-renowned university and should have reached the level of assistant or associate professor (or an equivalent title) at an internationally prominent university.
- The applicant should be a proactive learner, who is professional with teamwork skills. At the same time, he or she should have the ability to conduct research independently.
- The applicant should be a top-notch talent among his or her peers and have the potential to become a leader in the field.
- The applicant should work full-time at ZJU.
- ZJU will provide competitive compensation, including a housing allowance.
- ZJU will provide the position of ZJU100 Young Professor, qualified to supervise doctoral students.
- Those qualifying for the talent program may rent a faculty apartment during employment, and after receiving tenure, they have the opportunity to apply for the purchase of an apartment designated for those with “talent” status.
- After the application is approved, a research fund will be provided by ZJU, the particular amount of which is to determined according to discipline.
- ZJU will provide a one-time relocation fee and actively recommend and assist qualified faculty in applying for national, provincial and ministerial-level youth talent programs or projects.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit your applications electronically to the contact person.
Applicants should include the following materials in PDF format:
- a comprehensive CV
- a statement of research goals and a teaching plan
- the full texts of 3 to 5 representative papers or major publications
- a list of 3 to 5 references with detailed contact information.
Contact: Ms. Zhang
Tel: +86-571-8827 3092
Apply for Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Humanities
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly