Head of HE Partnerships
Head of HE Partnerships
We’re on a mission to level the playing field when it comes to young people finding and applying for their next step after school. We're achieving this by bringing all the available information into one single, impartial, user-friendly platform that helps students to make the best choices, and submit the strongest applications. We also empower teachers and counselors to manage the progression process effectively.
Our outlook is global - we work with schools and universities all over the world, from the US to New Zealand, and from Italy to Hong Kong. We want to make it so that young people can compare every opportunity taught in English, wherever it is in the world, and have all the support they need to make successful applications.
We have a clear social purpose, and we’re hugely ambitious. We already work with more than a third of UK secondary schools and hundreds of international schools. We are growing rapidly in terms of the number of our partners, in terms of how much they use our platform, and in terms of the breadth of products we offer.
Our team is at the heart of our business and is integral to our success. We work hard to foster a culture of openness, happiness and innovation, and we commit to helping every individual learn and grow so that they can reach their full potential. We want to hire talented people, whatever their background. If you are excited by our mission and are ready to work hard, please don’t hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
We believe in the power of diversity. If you are from an ethnic minority background, we would like to strongly encourage you to apply. In advance of applying if you have any questions about working at Unifrog, please contact our UK Diversity Champion, Samar (details on our website).
HE Partnerships at Unifrog
HE Partnerships is the newest and fastest growing arm of Unifrog – within a year we’ve already partnered with over 100 universities around the world. This part of the Unifrog team is focused on growing our university partner numbers and supporting our existing university partners to get the most out of their partnership with us. We support these universities with their marketing and recruitment aims while tapping into their expertise to better support our student and teacher users. There are three main areas of work:
1. Insights Reports
These bespoke reports use aggregated user data from the Unifrog platform to uncover trends at subject and regional levels, with the aim of informing universities’ marketing, recruitment, and portfolio planning.
2. Webinars, fairs, and other events
These online events enable universities to interact directly with our huge community of students and teachers. We’re focused on making them both useful and fun.
3. Content collaboration
We co-create written and video content for students and teachers to do with progression, wellbeing and careers, which all ends up on the Unifrog platform. The content could be anything from interviews with an admissions tutor about how their institution is unique, to a guide on what career pathways are available after studying a particular subject.
The foundational principle of our HE Partnerships work is that everything we do has to be useful to students and teachers.
The role and your key responsibilities
You’ll be responsible for the success of the HE Partnerships team. You’ll set the team’s overall approach, you’ll line manage the team, and you’ll be responsible for meeting our HE growth and partner retention targets. You’ll need to foster the positive and innovative team environment that we expect at Unifrog.
Here are some of the main responsibilities within this role:
- Work with other people at Unifrog to continually refine how we make sales and better support our partners.
For example, you might work with our Data Analysis team to refine our Insights Reports, or the content Team to improve the content we co-create with universities.
- Design and oversee the execution of different prospecting campaigns, always considering the audience (university’s location, job role of recipient, university’s priorities) and tailoring each campaign accordingly.
You’ll need to assess which conferences, sponsorship, and other marketing opportunities we should take advantage of.
- Determine the timing and key messaging for communication with our HE partners, and work with our Marketing Manager to deliver this communication.
- Manage our relationships with HE network organisations (e.g. HELOA, UUK). Seek out further opportunities that help position us as thought leaders in the undergraduate recruitment and admissions spaces.
- Line-manage the HE Partnerships team, for example:
- Shadow HE Partnerships Managers on demos and review calls, supporting them to keep improving in their role.
- Conduct Performance and Development Reviews with the HE Partnerships team. Support them with their personal development goals.
- Be the point person for escalating issues related to partners at risk of not resubscribing.
- To help you stay close to the realities in the marketplace, you’ll manage one geographic area that features a small number of universities. For this area, you’ll be directly responsible for growth and retention.
You’ll line manage our two HE Partnership Managers and work closely with other team members in our marketing, data analysis, content and school-facing teams. You’ll be line-managed by Unifrog’s CEO.
Skills and characteristics
- Resilient, and motivated to exceed targets
Our sales and resubscription targets are achievable but ambitious. You’ll need to be determined to meet and exceed them.
- Strong communication skills
You’ll be in frequent communication with lots of different people, both within Unifrog and externally – this will be in person, written, over the phone and via video call. You’ll need to be an outstanding communicator.
- Personable, with a track record of excellent relationship management
At Unifrog we’re known for our excellent customer service. You’ll need to provide fantastic support for your partner universities and make sure your team are doing the same.
- Previous experience as a line manager
Supportive, motivational line management is a central element of this role. You’ll be helping your team both to meet their targets, and to develop professionally.
- Sector insight
We work with universities around the world that are often very different from each other; you need to be quick to understand how we can be useful to them, and how they can be useful to our students and teachers.
- Attention to detail
Whether it’s marketing collateral or a new Insights Report, it’s important you have the skills and discipline to carefully check our HE focused content.
- Proactive attitude and willingness to get stuck in
You need to be excited about going beyond the core responsibilities detailed above to improve what we do and make it a success.
- Play a key role in growing the newest part of our business and help us to have a positive social impact.
- Become part of a committed, dynamic and growing team. We want to build the team at Unifrog for the long term – if you do well, we will do our best to make you want to stay at the company for a long time.
- Professional development is important to us. You will define your own 6-month objectives and will be supported by your line manager and the rest of the team to achieve them. You will have an annual training allowance to spend on what you need to grow and progress.
- Influence the company’s direction: we love to promote great ideas, wherever they come from.
- For details of further benefits we offer our staff, please see the jobs page of our website.
- Salary: £42,000 per annum plus commission and bonus.
- Work remotely or in our London office (if remote, then some travel to London will be expected).
- 28 days paid holiday per year (plus bank holidays).
- Start date: December 2021 (or as soon as possible).
- To discuss any details about the role before applying please contact Stephen (details on our website).
- To discuss working at Unifrog from a diversity perspective please contact Samar (details on our website).
Inclusion and diversity at Unifrog:
Within the company we try to foster a culture of innovation, and a happy working environment, both because this is the right thing to do, and because we think this results in the most effective team. To this end we believe in open communication, celebrating successes, supporting each other, not being afraid to be wrong or to fail, and promoting good ideas wherever they come from. We also believe in the power of diversity in all its forms, including in terms of culture, education history, religion, age, socio-economic background, race, gender, sexual orientation, personality, life experiences and disability. We want to encourage applicants from every different background to apply for our roles, and add their perspectives to our team.
- Deadline: Monday 15th November, 9am.
- To apply, please visit our website to upload your CV and complete the questions and tasks below:
i. ‘Why do you want to work for Unifrog and what excites you about the role?’ (300 words)
ii. ‘With reference to the job description, what makes you an excellent candidate for this role?’ (300 words)
iii. ‘Outline what you think the main challenges will be for King’s College London and Bangor University when it comes to undergraduate recruitment for 2022. Do their challenges differ? Suggest how Unifrog could support King’s and Bangor to be successful.’ (400 words)
- The next stage of the application process will be a short task over the phone. We will schedule these tasks throughout the application window so we encourage you to apply early.
- Final interviews, Tuesday 23rd November.
More searches like this
- Senior Management & Heads of Department Homeworking London (Central) jobs in London (Greater)
- Heads of Department Homeworking London (Central) jobs in London (Greater)
- Professional Services Homeworking London (Central) jobs in London (Greater)
- Finance & Procurement Homeworking London (Central) jobs in London (Greater)
- Knowledge Transfer / Business Links Homeworking London (Central) jobs in London (Greater)