Faculty Advisor, Falcon Learning Communities
ORGANIZATION NAME College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Falcon Learning Communities (FLC), the Faculty Advisor contributes to the administrative leadership, policy development, and implementation of programs and services that support medical education and student success through a model of learning communities.
Leadership for developing and maintaining CMHS educational programs:
- Support CMHS accreditation processes and its program of continuous quality improvement
- Support CMHS educational programs by participating in the design and implementation of programs and services offered through the Falcon Learning Communities; working with others to foster a climate of academic excellence, collaboration, and interdisciplinary initiatives
- Ensure that medical student programs and services conform to laws, regulations, and policies of the United Arab Emirates
Falcon Learning Communities
- Participate in the design, implementation, and management of FLC programs and services, including but not limited to professional and career development, health and wellness, leadership development, service learning, clinical skills, and academic success
- Provide oversight and support to the Assistant Dean, faculty, and medical student leaders within the FLCs
- Direct the evaluation of FLCs to ensure they are meeting program goals
- Oversee scheduling and assigning FLC faculty and students for activities and events
- Work with the Assistant Dean and students to promote and support educational research activities within the FLCs
- Oversee other activities and events as directed by the Assistant Dean
- Participate in the design and implementation of CMHS activities and events including but not limited to Freshman Orientation, White Coat Ceremony, and Commencement
- Develop and integrate effective communication strategies to promote faculty, staff, and student engagement in the FLCs
- Work with the CMHS Leadership and Khalifa University’s Office of Research Support to promote and support research activities
- Support and mentor office faculty, staff, and students who participate in research
Administrative & People Management
- Manage FLC coordinators (direct reports) by defining job expectations; plans, monitors, and appraises staff performance; coaches, counsels, and actively participates in the departmental employees’ on-boarding, mentoring, and professional development
- Assist in scheduling and assigning FLC staff workload
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree or higher in a science, education, or healthcare-related discipline
- MD or PhD in a science, education, or healthcare-related discipline
- Record reflecting excellence in education, clinical practice, research, and/or administration
- Three years of prior experience working in a medical school or healthcare environment
- Familiarity with a learning community model
- Teaching, leadership, mentoring, and presentation skills
- Experience working with an educational institution in the Middle East
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).