Research Engineer, SCIS
- Bachelor Degree
- Singapore | Closing On 26 Nov 2021
6-mth contract or contract till 31 March 2022
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
The candidate will be responsible for conducting research on logistics and supply chain systems in the context of gain-sharing and sustainability. Successful candidate will be part of an active research team from School of Computing and Information Systems, Singapore Management University.
Candidate’s core responsibilities are:
- Participate in project discussions and requirement gathering with the project partner
- Design and develop the algorithms
- Deliver and maintain project documentation and ensure all documentation being up-to-date
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in an optimization/statistical/numerical analysis field (e.g. Operations Research, Industrial/Systems Engineering, Industrial Management and Applied Mathematics) or in Computer Science
- Minimum one year of relevant research experience in logistics and supply chain management
- Fresh graduates with strong interest are welcome to apply
- Profound knowledge on logistics and supply chain management, mathematical optimization and heuristic optimization techniques
- Proficient in C++, Java or python programming
- Familiar with optimisation tools such as CPLEX/OPL
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task and carry out tasks independently
- Excellent team player and strong inter-personal skills
- Experience in logistics and supply chain management would be advantageous