Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 15 November 2021
We are recruiting a full time permanent General Assistant role in our Residential Services department, within the Facilities team.
You will be joining the team at an exciting time as we continue to develop our portfolio of over 6,700 rooms improve our halls offering to enhance the student experience. You will be part of a team who support the smooth running of our Halls of Residence providing an excellent customer service to our students and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be working primarily across our Small Halls and University Houses estate, which includes the Archers Road, Highfield Halls, and Erasmus Park Halls of Residence, as well as approximately fifty houses around Southampton. The role may also include work at other Residential sites, and our main campus as required.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- The movement of furniture/equipment across the sites, storage and monitoring of stock
- Carrying out routine and scheduled safety inspections including Room Inspections and fire alarm attendance
- Assisting with post/parcel duties, and responding to lock outs and fire alarms as required
- Responding to fire alarms across site and report and escalate as appropriate
- Project work as delegated by the Residential Service Supervisor/Residential Services Management team
- Flushing bedrooms/houses in order to combat the risk of Legionella disease
Working as part of a small team providing services to students living in Halls of Residences, you will need to be reliable, flexible and enthusiastic, with a strong customer focus.
Basic PC skills, including the use of email will be required. A full driving licence is required for this post.
The position offers a 36 hour/week contract working a rotating 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm shift pattern to meet business needs. You will also be expected to be available for occasional weekend and evening working particularly during our peak weekends in July and September.
To find out more about our Residential Services Team please have a look at our website at http://www.southampton.ac.uk/uni-life/accommodation.page. If you would like more information about the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the vacancy reference number in the subject line of your message.
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Sam Stubbs (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 2380 592750 or email email@example.com Please quote reference 1565621FB on all correspondence.