Research Assistant Alice Lee Centre for Nursing Studies
Research Assistant (Dr. Vivien Wu’s project)
Alice Lee Centre for Nursing Studies (ALCNS)
Appointment period: 1 year in the first instance, with a possibility of extension.
The appointee will assist the project leader in the project, “Community Dance Program for Older Adults”, and will be required to:
- oversee the general management of the project;
- undertake the day to day running of the project at the study site, e.g. Collaborate with team members at the study sites, recruitment, data collection at the community/participants’ homes;
- work with various stakeholders on the development and evaluation of the intervention;
- provide administrative and secretarial support to the project, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and collaborate with the study sites;
- conduct literature searches, using SPSS to process and analyze data and maintain trial database, as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project;
- maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- assist in ethical application, amendment and submission of annual and final report; and
- work on other tasks as assigned.
The applicant should:
- have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in nursing/psychology/sociology/public health or related disciplines;
- experience working with research project management will be preferred;
- be able to work independently and with a team, have an investigative nature and attention to detail;
- have knowledge of computer applications (such as SPSS and MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint); and
- have good communication skills with older adults and colleagues, and fluency in English and Mandarin.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Preference will be given to those with previous experience in project management and relevant research.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a CV and full contacts of 3 referees.
Department : Alice Lee Centre for Nursing Studies