Research Assistant, Asia Competitiveness Institute
The RA will be a member of the ACI research team, working under Professor Paul Cheung, to work on a number of projects.
We are specifically looking for candidates with experience in quantitative research methods and familiar with economic development of China and its progress and competitiveness. Candidate must be comfortable and proficient with statistical software such as Stata, and advanced programming languages.
Candidates should have an interest in public policies and economies, as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and a strong willingness to learn about new topics and tools. Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Collect, clean, format and prepare research data on China and assess China’s progress and competitiveness
- Perform quantitative data analysis, simulation and estimation on ongoing and new research projects
- Independently collect and manage primary and/or secondary data for research projects
- Contribute to papers, research briefings, book chapters and summaries
- Prepare presentation materials for meetings, conference, etc
- Prepare manuscripts for submission, and other administrative work
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Economics, Mathematics or equivalent. Fresh graduates are welcomed.
- Familiar with economic development of China and its progress and competitiveness
- Possess experience in conducting quantitative research will be preferred
- Possess experience in preparing independently literature reviews, data collection and data analysis, etc
- Demonstrate good organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Able to commit to at least 1 year of service