Assistant Manager, Teaching and Learning Centre
Teaching and Learning Centre
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an early to mid-career researcher to develop and implement data science solutions for adaptive learning systems and web applications to join the Teaching & Learning Centre (TLC). This position will initially be offered on a one-year contract.
TLC promotes excellence in teaching and learning through the design and implementation of innovative pedagogies; facilitation of Faculty development and training; scholarship of teaching & learning; and provides academic support for students whilst developing lifelong learning attributes in our graduates.
As Senior/Research Associate, you will be proactive and crucial to the successful development and implementation of adaptive learning systems and web applications to augment the quality of teaching and learning within the university. You will be responsible for data, modelling and research tasks related to educational data mining. These include data extraction and wrangling, and building relevant (e.g., machine learning) models for the system. With guidance and assistance from colleagues, you will also contribute to reports and publications to communicate success/progress of development works.
- Qualifications relevant to data science and experience in data analytics.
- Interpret data and provide insights on the performance of our programmes.
- Competency with the Python programming language is a must.
- Experience with deployment of machine learning models in production environment is a plus.
- Experience with deploying applications on the AWS platform is desirable.
- Familiarity with developing web applications is a plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, as well as an analytical mind.
- A collaborative and collegial approach to work.