Partnerships Manager Funding & Impact
This is a strategic and cross-cutting role that will support the delivery of King’s internationalisation strategy and global engagement (GE) objectives.
The post holder will engage with a diverse portfolio of international partners, King’s academics and professional services colleagues to manage GE’s funding calls, strategic initiatives with international partners, compile and analyse data, provide strategic guidance on the assessment and impact of initiatives, including developing indicators and databases to support the delivery of key initiatives. Working closely with GE’s regional Partnerships Managers, the post holder will have a strategic portfolio overview and input on outcomes of international engagement to input into King’s strategic international priorities. The post holder will maintain and update King’s international collaboration dashboard and develop metrics and produce strategic reports on activities and initiatives of Global Engagement, contributing with intelligence on the partnership portfolio to support the development of impactful institutional international partnerships. The postholder will also work closely with King’s UK engagement team to ensure that impact is maximised across all activities and stakeholders (academic, industry, NGOs and others).
S/he will also seek opportunities and provide intelligence on regions and institutions, including briefings and other supporting documentation, informing, consulting & collaborating with relevant external and internal stakeholders.
The postholder will also contribute to the development of specific partnerships and strategic initiatives.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
• Manage the Global Engagement dashboard of international collaborations
• Partnership development, monitoring and evaluation: To manage joint funding calls with international partners, manage the calls, panel and reporting of the King’s Partnership Fund, liaise with academic and professional services colleagues across the College to monitor and assess the impact of activities related to partnerships, project proposals and business plans; provide strategic evaluation about initiatives and funding, including working closely with King’s Communications team, the production of reports and case studies, institutional publications, and recommendations about initiatives
• International strategy projects: Undertake analysis, in collaboration with the line manager and senior university management, problem-solving on university policies and practices and related to international strategy topics, and take a role in drafting resulting reports
• Impact analysis: conduct analysis and produce reports on the impact of King’s international partnerships, both in education and research
• Conduct research: ‘Horizon scanning’ – into issues affecting international education. In liaison with the Marketing Department, conducting independent research, recording, prioritising and disseminating information from sources both internal and external to King’s College London, for the purpose of promoting the internationalisation agenda within the College
• High-level delegations: Support high-level incoming and outgoing delegation visits, preparing briefings and coordinating logistics with the Office Administrator
• Profile Raising: Contribute to improve the impact, visibility and international profile of King’s, working with King’s Communications team to compile case studies, data and profiles of King’s engagement globally, and contribute to the production of all relevant materials supporting the Vice Principal Global Engagement
• Strategic development: Contribute to periodic reviews of priorities for the Global Engagement team
• To build and manage relationships and cooperation between departments, Schools, the Marketing Department and other Directorates and services concerned with internationalization
• To provide support and guidance for the Vice Deans International and advise faculty on regional and internal funding opportunities
• In liaison with Study Abroad, International Marketing and others, keeping track of international partnerships activity and contributing data to the international partnerships database
• To project-manage identified initiatives and outreach programmes or events
• To assist in financial and statistical reporting
• Day-to-day management of temporary staff if required
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Degree qualification
2. Experience working with data and impact analysis
3. Experience producing analytical and strategic reports
4. Experience in managing international portfolios
5. Excellent written and spoken English with clear and concise communication skills
6. Experience working in higher education
7. Experience in project management
8. Proactive, self-organised, capable of meeting tight deadlines and responding to new priorities in a flexible manner
9. Good strategic thinking and excellent attention to detail
10. Good team player and experience in creating and maintaining good internal and external networks
11. Experience with Microsoft PowerBI or other analytical tools
12. Experience using SciVal and other databases
13. Experience in finance processes