Senior Lecturer in Dietetics and Human Nutrition, Teaching and Research
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- Level C (Teaching & Research) - $ 119,899 - $137,724 per annum, + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we are passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the position
The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Design, coordinate and teach subjects and courses which provide a high quality learning experience that engages undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
- Design innovative and effective curriculum which reflects developing best practice nationally and internationally, utilising various methodologies including online and blended learning.
- Contribute to La Trobe’s Scholarship of Teaching (SoLT) and disciplinary teaching pedagogy and research.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to others in subject or course level curriculum design and development and delivery of teaching.
- Conduct and lead innovative and high impact research and produce conference and seminar papers and publications resulting from that research.
- Contribute to building a robust and ambitious research culture within La Trobe.
- Play a significant role in research projects including leadership of research teams and/or management of projects.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline area.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching with a commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at course/program/research group or similar level.
- Proven ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honour and postgraduate students.
- Ability to encourage intellectual development and career aspirations of students.
- Record of successful research student supervision relative to opportunity.
- Strong record of research publication, with appropriate evidence of quality and impact.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date and time: Sunday 14th November, by 11:59 pm
Position Enquiries: Dr Adrienne Forsyth, Email: A.Forsyth@latrobe.edu.au
HR/Recruitment Enquiries; Email: email@example.com
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae; and
- A separate document briefly addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria in the context of the Specific Duties found in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.