First Veterinary Nurse
FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE
SKILLS LABORATORY DIVISION
FIRST VETERINARY NURSE
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 9
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Responsible for presenting formal scheduled and informal practical sessions for BVSc and BVetNurse students;
- Responsible for the preparation of and participation in the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) sessions for BVSc and BVetNurse students;
- Administrative work associated with the Skills Laboratory;
- Control of stock used for practical sessions;
- Caretaking of Skills Laboratory assets (mannikins, models etc.); and
- Responsible for liaison with external stakeholders.
- Diploma in Veterinary Nursing, Bachelor in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent
- Registration with the South African Veterinary Council as a veterinary nurse; and
- Two years’ experience in veterinary nursing in a small or mixed animal practice.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- General Anatomy and Physiology knowledge;
- Interest in veterinary education;
- Good language and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team (relate to students, colleagues and supervisors);
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety; and
- Computer skills (MS Office).
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Postgraduate Diploma;
- Two years’ experience in a mixed, production animal or equine practice;
- Teaching experience; and
- Competent in the UP financial system, ClickUP.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV; and
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 3 November 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 3 February 2022, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to fill the advertised