Faculty Position in the School of System Design and Intelligent Manufacturing
- Full Time
The School of System Design and Intelligent Manufacturing is a multidisciplinary school in Southern University of Science and Technology with diversified specialties in design, intelligent manufacturing, computer engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science and engineering, and system management.
Please visit the website at https://sdim.sustech.edu.cn/ for more information about the School.
Post Specification (10 posts)
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in following areas:
- Design: product design/human-centered and experience design/interactive design/media design/product system design (3 posts);
- Mechanical Engineering: solid-structural mechanics/fluid mechanics/fluid-structure interaction/aerodynamics/computational mechanics/thermodynamics/heat transfer (2 posts);
- Intelligent Manufacturing: control and optimization/robotics/factory automation/cyber-physical systems/distributed systems/autonomous systems (1 post);
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering: MEMS or CMOS sensing/biometric sensing/remote sensing/biomedical imaging/multi-physics/multi-modal sensor simulation/machine vision/computational imaging/sensor fusion/sensor network/ASIC design/mixed signal design (1 post);
- Computer Engineering: computer architecture/communication and information theory/distributed systems/network optimization/machine learning/fog and edge computing, signal processing (1 post);
- Materials Science and Engineering: functional materials/soft materials/conducting polymer sensors/functional magnetic materials/metamaterials/photovoltaic materials (1 post);
- System Management: management science/industrial engineering/operations research/systems and control/optimization/decision science (1 post).
The appointee will be required to:
- conduct lectures, practical sessions and tutorials at postgraduate and undergraduate levels in related disciplines with new engineering education methodology;
- supervise undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- establish a vigorous research programme at the cutting edge of related disciplinary, and engage in other scholarly activities;
- contribute to school and programme administration as well as curriculum development;
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Dean of School or his/her delegates.
(a) have a PhD degree in related disciplines;
(b) have relevant post-qualification experience in teaching and research;
(c) have an excellent publication record in peer-reviewed international journals;
(d) For the posts in Design, the qualifications include:
(1) applicants should have Master’s or PhD in Design;
(2) a relevant professional qualification plus extensive industrial experience in product design and development.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Appointment will be on a tenure-track term.
More searches like this
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Academic Posts jobs in China
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in China
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in China
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in China