Job Profile Teaching - Tutor
Contract Type Permanent
This role will be based in Manchester or Birmingham
The role is a face to face role with some opportunity to work from home.
The BPP School of Business is recruiting for a Personal Tutor to operate across the whole School, who specialises in the field of Student (Learner) Support to implement and maintain the School’s Retention Programme. We are looking for a highly motivated, practitioner experienced tutor to bring high quality learner support into the School.
Specifically, we are seeking candidates who hold relevant professional qualifications and have relevant practitioner experience and are able to provide the following services:
- Learner support
- Development of support materials
- Implementation of support services
- Tracking/monitoring success rates of support
- Providing students with excellent customer service and issue resolutions
- Guidance on academic requests
- Provide support to students following examination results release around progression, completion and withdrawal
- Actively encourage students engagement with their programmes using resources available
- Provide academic and pastoral support to students in accordance with the University Personal Tutoring policy
- To assist individual learners with both formative and summative assessments as part of their undergraduate or graduate studies
- To provide learners with one-to-one sessions on a variety of academic areas such as referencing and research skills
- To liaise with Programme Support Officers and the Assessment Team, identifying learners at risk of failing
- Formulating personalised study plans for learners identified as ‘at risk'
- Become familiar with an overview of module contents at the school, as well as the relevant assessments and marking criteria, in order to better focus support sessions
- Develop and deliver high quality and consistent support materials including detailed study plans bespoke for individual learners or groups of learners
- Providing academic support for commercial and business development activities within the School. Ad hoc provision of client liaison and support as required
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post
Department School of Business - Operations
Vacancy location UK, Home Based, Home and Office Based
- A Level 7 (Post-Graduate) or relevant Professional Qualification.
- If candidate does not have either of the desirable criteria, then a commitment to achieving either of these through BPP's PGCLT (Post Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching) or Headway, BPP's accredited CPD scheme.
- Significant practitioner experience in your field
- Experience of teaching subjects at a Further (Level 3) and/or Higher (Levels 4-6) education level relevant to your field
- Experience of negotiation with and managing different stakeholders
- Experience of coaching, supervising and mentoring learners in an academic context
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Excellent computer/IT skills
- A teaching qualification (at any level) relevant to the discipline.
- Fellowship of the HEA
- Experience in teaching live on line and/or of delivering training and seminars in a commercial context, relevant to your field
- Experience in developing schemes of work and engaging online content and resources
- Experience/awareness of delivery needs for work based learners
Contract Hours 37.50
Salary 30 to 35k