Deputy Programme Support Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
Job Profile Administration - Administrative Roles
Contract Type Fixed Term
The Deputy Programme Support Manager (Attendance) will work with the Director of Law School Delivery and the Programme Support Manager (On-Programme) to ensure the attendance recording, monitoring and audit processes are properly set up, aligned and implemented across the Law School. They will be responsible for ensuring all attendance related internal policies and regulatory requirements are complied with throughout the Law School for both domestic and international students. They will also assist the Director of Law School Delivery in the successful transition from the current regulatory regimes to the new regime.
- Working with the Director of Law School Delivery and the Programme Support Managers to build and maintain relationships between the Law School and key BPP operations teams, including but not limited to EAO, SRO, TTU, Student Finance and Student Advice.
- Working with the Programme Support Managers to ensure effective management across the Programme Support team (which will include deputising for each other as and when required).
- Managing Senior Programme Support Officers and Programme Support Officers responsible for Attendance support across the Law School, providing students with excellent customer service and issue resolutions.
- Building expert knowledge in the Law School administrative and programme support processes to work within and manage a dedicated delivery team.
- Building a good understanding of all Law School administrative and programme support processes to allow flexible working across teams, as required.
- Ensuring that processes are in place for the training of Programme Support Officers and faculty in all relevant systems and processes for recording attendance
- Ensuring that processes are in place for tracking, following up on and reporting on attendance of domestic students as required by regulatory regimes and any other relevant University policies (including but not limited to the Student Engagement Policy).
- Ensuring that processes are in place for tracking, following up on and reporting on attendance of international students as re
Department Law School - Delivery
Vacancy location UK, Nationwide, Nationwide
- Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Experience of data analysis and producing and managing documentation
- Experience of working in an academic environment
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – at all levels
- Able to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload and multi-task when necessary
- Excellent IT and data analysis skills (particularly Excel) and an ability to develop new solutions
- Able to develop rapport and build and maintain strong working relationships with Law School students, tutors and other internal stakeholders
- High attention to detail and strong administration and organisational skills
- Able to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Able to have ‘difficult conversations'
- Able to deal with difficult/sensitive issues
- Able to manage people and problems and resolve conflicts and find appropriate solutions
- Self-motivated, able to work under pressure, make decisions and apply flexible solutions
- Able to work on own initiative without daily supervision
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- A relevant degree
- Experience of working in the
- HE sector
- Experience of using project management tools
- Experience of HESA and Tier 4 requirements
Contract Hours 37.50