Associate Dean, Applied Health
- 3-year fixed term appointment as an Associate Dean (0.5FTE), underpinned by an ongoing full-time Professor/Associate Professor position
- Play a pivotal role in providing senior leadership for the School's academic and research performance, strategy, and growth
- Remuneration at Academic Level E ($190,891) or Level D ($148,192 - $163,260) + 17% Superannuation
- Particular relevance is for leadership and management of the Applied Health Disciplines - Nursing, Pharmacy, Psychology and Medical Radiations
- This role reports to the Dean - School of Health and Biomedical Sciences and will have 15-25 direct reports
About the College
The STEM College holds a leading position and expertise in the science, technology, engineering, mathematics and health (STEM) fields. We are uniquely positioned to influence and partner with industry, as never before.
STEM College is a community of exceptional STEM researchers, teachers, inventors, designers and game-changers, supported by talented professional staff. We offer higher education programs across all STEM disciplines at the Bachelor, Master and PhD levels, and ensure our students experience an education that is work-aligned and life-changing.
Further information on STEM College in this link.
About You and the Role
You will be responsible for:
- Playing a critical role in the School's leadership team, leading and managing staff within the Applied Health Disciplines including Nursing, Pharmacy, Psychology and Medical Radiations and working collaboratively with the Dean to enable the School and the STEM College to deliver on the next stage of transformation;
- Providing academic and strategic leadership and fostering a positive and progressive culture to enable delivery on the College research, learning and teaching, and engagement strategies;
- Leading the advancement of learning and teaching in the disciplines including initiating program improvements, improving academic standards, as well as contributing actively to research in your field through delivering high impact publications and obtaining competitive research grants;
- Encouraging interdisciplinary collaboration to deliver best of class student experience by embracing interactive, digitally enabled student-centered learning experiences and identifying and implementing innovative learning & teaching initiatives;
- Connecting actively with industry, commerce and government for both research and teaching initiatives with both external national and global partners;
- Maintaining and developing relationships with relevant departments of the university and other institutions;
- Participating in the on-going process improvement within the disciplines of the School of Health and Biomedical Sciences, and acting as a credible role model to positively influence the School's culture;
- Contributing significantly to the governance and collegial life inside and outside of the University, consistently demonstrating RMIT's values.
You will have:
- Proven strong academic leadership and management experiences and skills with the capability & capacity to deliver strategic objectives;
- Demonstrated experience in financial, governance and quality management systems within a University;
- A strong research track record in a relevant discipline, with demonstrated capacity to lead and promote excellent research in your field;
- An extensive track record of innovative teaching in a discipline relevant to this School underpinned by a deep understanding of contemporary Learning and Teaching theory;
- Knowledge and in-depth understanding of relevant industry and training priorities;
- Experience of developing, and leading, successful international collaborations;
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to communicate, build and foster relationships internally and externally;
- Ability to foster culture of positive change and to think strategically about organisational priorities and objectives;
- Demonstrated ability to manage award program/s and lead program reviews and ability to sustain and grow Research Groups and Centres through the attraction of external funding.
- Extensive experience in attracting and supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance;
- Tertiary qualifications (including a PhD) in relevant disciplines with knowledge and achievements that meet RMIT's Professorial criteria.
- Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and separately address the Key Selection Criteria for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Aleksandra Besia, Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor at email@example.com
Applications close on Wednesday, 17th of November.
Receive opportunities at RMIT directly to your inbox by subscribing here.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We are proud that our dedication to diversity has been recognised by a broad spectrum of external organisations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins.
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within a culturally safe environment; we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
The Victorian Government has announced that all workers - in Melbourne and regional Victoria - on the Authorised Worker list must be vaccinated. This is not a decision made by RMIT - we are compelled to comply with this government health directive. RMIT has not made any decisions to mandate vaccination across our whole RMIT community.
If the requirements of this role determine vaccination is required, resulting from the current Authorised Worker mandate or future Victorian Government changes, RMIT will advise and request proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
More searches like this
- Other Health & Social Care Senior Management & Heads of Department jobs in Melbourne
- Other Health & Social Care Deans jobs in Melbourne
- Other Health & Social Care Academic Posts jobs in Melbourne
- Other Health & Social Care Professors / Chairs jobs in Melbourne
- Other Health & Social Care Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Melbourne