Head of Business Support
The Head of Business Support (NMES) role is a key member of NMES’ Senior Professional Services responsible for leading the faculty’s business support function and the delivery of a portfolio of services across the faculty and departments including finance, HR, compliance, executive support, project management and process development.
The Head of Business Support holds the following primary duties:
- To lead and develop the business support function in the faculty and its constituent departments across the role’s different portfolio areas
- To support the Executive Dean, Vice Deans and Faculty Operating Officer in balancing the academic, financial, and other objectives of the faculty
- To coordinate the faculty’s financial, people and physical resources with direction from the Executive Dean, Vice Deans and Faculty Operating Officer, supporting efforts to ensure that such resources are effectively allocated and utilised
- To develop and maintain strong and productive working relationships with related functional areas of the university, in order to influence policy and practice development from a faculty perspective and leverage service provision from central functions
- To design and maintain the implementation of robust governance and effective and comprehensive processes and procedures in line with King’s policies and structures
- To support the Faculty Operating Officer and other members of the faculty’s Professional Services Management Team in developing the service and provision of professional services across the faculty.
The Head of Business Support (NMES) role has line management responsibility for the Faculty Business Manager, Strategic Projects Manager, Executive Officer and Executive Assistant and their associated teams.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent