Head of Department Support
The Head of Department Support (NMES) role is a key member of NMES’ Senior Professional Services and is responsible for supporting and representing NMES’ departments, centres, and institutes at faculty level and in delivering a range of cross-functional activities to support strategy and planning for the faculty.
The Head of Department Support role holds the following primary duties to support the departments, centres, and institutes in:
- Service delivery – supporting the effective utilisation of embedded department staffing resources both within and between areas to deliver the services required by unit needs.
- Service commissioning – helping to leverage support from cross-faculty teams, and where appropriate the College, coordinating extra support during peak periods with functional leads, and identifying resources to meet challenges.
- Strategic planning and implementation – supporting the heads of department and department managers in the scoping and implementation of the strategic projects as part of the Five-Year Strategy.
- Advocacy – being the lead professional services representative for the departments, centres, and institutes at faculty level and advocating in relevant fora for those units.
The role also has a range of cross-functional duties which span one or more of the functional areas (education, research support, business support, technical services, computing support and engagement):
Staff experience including:
- Professional services training and development
- Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI)
- Health and Safety
- Space and facilities (currently assigned to the role)
- Change management
- Student number planning
- Widening Participation & Outreach
The Head of Department Support (NMES) role has line management responsibility for the Department, Centre, and Institute managers.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent