Lecturer, Department of Psychology
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
LECTURER: PSYCHOLOGY (ONE POST)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the above vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be expected to engage in:
- Teaching, curriculum development and co-ordinating programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Supervising postgraduate research commensurate with the post level;
- Supervising practical work in the MA (Counselling Psychology) programme;
- Conducting research commensurate with the level of appointment and actively contributing to the Department’s research profile;
- Performing various academic and administrative duties as determined by the Head of Department;
- Participating in the Department’s strategic initiatives relating to teaching, research and community engagement.
- A Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology;
- Registration with the HPCSA as a Counselling Psychologist for at least three years;
- Evidence of research productivity (e.g. publications in peer-reviewed journals or significant progress with PhD studies).
- Ability to train and supervise student psychologists in psychological assessment of children, adolescents and adults.
- Ability to train and supervise student psychologists in child and adolescent psychotherapy.
- Ability to lecture in at least two, but preferably more, of the following areas: introductory psychology, cognitive psychology, psychological assessment, social psychology, developmental psychology.
RECOMMENDATIONS AND ADDED ADVANTAGES:
- PhD in the relevant field
- Research foci alignment with departmental thematic areas.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online, quoting the applicable reference number.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (practice, academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 25 OCTOBER 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
- Prof T Guse, email@example.com (for queries about the position)
- Ms K Dinyake, firstname.lastname@example.org (for queries about application)
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 January 2022, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised.