Research Associate, Finance/Economics and Policy
The Research Associate will conduct research for ongoing funded projects related to financial literacy/education, retirement, population aging, and pensions. The role will report to Asst Professor Joelle Fong.
We are specifically looking for candidate(s) with an interdisciplinary interest in public policies and finance/economics, and with prior experience in quantitative research methods. The successful candidate(s) should demonstrate strong programming skills using Stata, and should have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and a strong willingness to learn about new topics and tools. Excellent written and spoken English is essential. Familiarity with Singapore’s social policies on retirement and health is an advantage.
The RA will have the opportunity to acquire critical research skills and domain knowledge, as well as benefit from exposure to intellectual exchange and networking with practitioners and senior scholars working at the cutting-edge of these topics. This job will allow the candidate access to specialized datasets, and provide excellent training for individuals who are seeking to develop a career in the fields of public policy or social science research. This is a one-year contract with possibility of continued renewal
- Conduct research and literature review on relevant topics Clean, format and analyze research data
- Draft/contribute to research reports, policy briefs, and academic journal papers.
- Researching developments in relevant policy areas
- Prepare presentation materials and present at meetings, seminars, etc
- Assist with the administration and management of research projects, where applicable Undertake other duties as assigned
- Have a Masters degree in Economics, Finance or a closely-related field from a reputable university (completed or underway).
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in research and/or quantitative analysis
- Demonstrate strong programming skills using Stata (experience with R, Matlab, and other programs is a plus)
- Have a strong command of the English language and be able to write in a clear manner, with a passion for grammar, detail and accuracy.
- Able to commit to at least 1 year of service
Please e-mail the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter, with a brief statement of relevant research expertise
- Curriculum vitae (four-page max)
- Two writing samples (which should relate to the listed topics or your proposed research)
- Two references/letters of recommendation from academic referees. Applicants must arrange for their referees to separately email their references.
Your cover letter should include details such as your highest qualifications, last drawn salary (if applicable), expected salary, and country of citizenship. Please also state when you expect to be able to begin work, if this position is offered to you.
(We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.)