Research Assistant, Mechanobiology Institute
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of a Research Assistant at the Microscopy Core Facility (SiMBA: https://simba-mbi.com/) of the Mechanobiology Institute, National University of Singapore.
The SiMBA core facility is led by Dr. A. BEGHIN and is equipped with an extensive array of state-of-the-art light microscopy to provide cutting edge bioimaging research capability and support for Mechanobiology Institute, NUS, and Singapore-based research community.
Candidates are expected to have established prior experiences in biology, optics and biophotonics domains. The successful candidate will oversee cutting-edge optical microscopes, be responsible for the training of users, and be involved in technical and administrative management of the laboratory. The candidate will participate in team tasks such as Standard Operating Procedure writing; providing user orientation and safety training for researchers and new staff; Quality Control procedures and laboratory maintenance and upkeep to ensure safe operation of the equipment. Specifically, the candidate will also be in charge of duties related to the SINGASCOPE project (https://www.singascope.sg/).
The candidate is required to maintain personal and professional development, such as regularly participating in appropriate training activities, to meet the evolving demands of the job.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required since writing scientific reports for both internal documentation and publication is a component of this position.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Procurement, lab inventory and safety managements
- SingaScope project administrative works,
- Training of users and supervision of schedule from SingaScope partners,
- Implementation of new events (training, workshop, congress, summer school…) with SingaScope partners,
- Technical/Scientific reports writing
- Bachelor’s Degree in either optics, bioengieneering, biophotonics, or equivalent graduate degree or higher.
- Organized, meticulous, able to work independently as well as together in a team.
- Local candidates are welcome to apply.
- 2-3 references contact.
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be notified
Submit your application along with curriculum vitae, publication list (if applicable) and three reference letters
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Mechanobiology Institute