Professional Development Coach
Job Profile Apprenticeship - Skills Coaches & Assessors
Contract Type Permanent
Working as part of a dedicated team, you will support, nurture and develop our post graduate students via a range of contact methods in order to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required for them to enhance their professional development and employability.
You will be passionate about delivering the best student experience possible, drawing upon your knowledge and experience in order to provide tailored support and training to students to ensure they are fully prepared and confident to successfully demonstrate their attractiveness to the employment market.
Liaising closely with the employability team, you will motivate students to take advantage of a range of ongoing development opportunities as their degree progresses, while monitoring their performance via the provision of ongoing data, with the overall aim of ensuring each student is able to maximise their potential .
The role is Home and Office based - a combination of working from home and at BPP London Fitzwilliam House.
- Provide a structured and appropriate professional skills development journey for students enabling them to maximise their full potential
- Engage and motivate students, providing excellent customer service and issue resolution
- Provide one-to-one tailored coaching to students to ensure they are progressing and benefiting from a range of Professional Skills Development and Employability opportunities
- Communicate effectively with students and actively encourage engagement with their programmes using resources available, providing help and guidance to keep them on track
- Conduct face to face and online group coaching sessions / individual coaching sessions / workshops to support professional development and employability skills
- Work alongside the Placements Team to provide proactive and reactive support to students requiring additional skills development and support towards their placement.
- Support and encourage students to ensure that they fully complete all aspects of the Professional Development Programme
- Provide pastoral and learning support to students where appropriate, acting as a referral to specialist services as required
- Maintain accurate administration records to enable statistical analysis, tracking of student progress and accurate reporting
- Any other duties as directed by the needs of the business
Department School of Business - Postgraduate & Professional Programmes
Vacancy location UK, London, London Fitzwilliam House
- A student-centric, service culture attitude
- Experience of designing and delivering professional coaching sessions
- Experience of designing and delivering professional training sessions
- First degree or professional qualification in a management, professional development or coaching related discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to provide appropriate feedback to students against defined standards
- Ability to hold professional and developmental review meetings and set realistic objectives
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Excellent computer/IT skills
- Professional coaching qualification and/or accreditation, or willing to work towards
- Experience of applying the GROW model
- Experience of coaching and mentoring professional managers
- Practitioner experience in a management role
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Contract Hours 37.50
Salary Up to £35,000