Head of Department, Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Fixed Term, Continuing Position
- Substantive Continuing Professor role
- Academic Level E + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the City campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 95,000 students and 10,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT's leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
The Head of Department is an integrated leadership and management role in the School of Accounting, Information Systems and Supply Chain. The role is responsible for strategic and academic leadership and for driving L&T quality, research relevance and industry engagement for the discipline. This includes being accountable for program quality, relevance and compliance of the School's academic programs and courses.
In addition, the Head of Department is a key member of the School executive and contributes at a senior level to the strategic planning and development of the School. The incumbent is required to work collaboratively with all members of the School's academic and professional staff to ensure that the School achieves its strategic objectives within the context of the overall College and University objectives.
To be successful in this position, you'll have:
- Provide academic leadership and direction for the discipline and its suite of programs and research, consistent with College and University strategy.
- Ensure the quality, viability and relevance of curriculum and academic programs, in alignment with University KPIs, and lead curriculum and program-development and renewal initiatives in collaboration with the Deputy Dean (Learning and Teaching).
- In collaboration with the Deputy Dean (Research & Innovation), ensure that research activity in the discipline is focussed on agreed strategic priorities, and contributes to the positioning and strengthening of the School.
Engagement and partnerships
- Represent the discipline, and maintain effective external alumni, academic and industry relationships, locally and internationally, to ensure currency, relevance and positioning of the discipline, its programs and research.
- Assist the Dean in the identification, development and delivery of partnership and business opportunities, locally and internationally.
- Contribute to the wider College and University projects and initiatives and participate in relevant committees and forums.
- Manage academic staff including performance planning in line with workload allocation.
- Ensure program compliance with academic policy and regulatory requirements and lead relevant academic management activities, including chairing of program assessment boards and course assessment committees and student conduct issues.
- Identify resourcing requirements for the discipline including staffing, budget and equipment and ensure that the discipline operates within its resource allocation.
Undertake teaching, research and professional activity as appropriate and as agreed with the Dean.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
About the College of Business & Law
The College of Business and Law is one of the largest business schools in the Asia Pacific region and delivers industry-engaged education and applied research that spark ambition and new perspectives. Attracting over 31,000 students, programs are delivered in Melbourne, Vietnam, and via significant teaching partnerships in Singapore, China and Indonesia. Through RMIT Online the College offers a range of Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs.
For more information visit https://www.rmit.edu.au/about/schools-colleges/college-of-business-and-law
Please submit your CV, covering letter and on a separate document address the key selection criteria for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below. For further information about this position, please see Position Description below.
Applications close on Sunday the 14th of November at 11.59 pm.
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within a culturally safe environment; we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.