Research Associate, NUS Law
The Centre for Banking & Finance Law (CBFL) at the Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore strives to be at the cutting edge of legal developments in banking and finance by contributing ideas for improving the financial system at the national, regional and global levels. It aims to bring together a vibrant community to generate scholarship, policy recommendations and intellectual exchange about the robustness, soundness and stability of the banking sector, capital markets and other financial services.
The Centre is inviting applications from suitable candidates in the field of banking and finance law to conduct research and to participate in the work of the Centre.
- Employment on a full-time contract at NUS Law for one year.
- A remuneration package, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Eligibility to apply for research and conference funding from CBFL to support attendance at academic conferences and to conduct field research, where required.
- Allocation of a workstation within CBFL.
- Develop and pursue your own research agenda, including undertaking research projects on topics related to banking and/or finance law, with a view to publication in suitable journals, edited volumes, reputable blogs or other appropriate online media.
- Present your work-in-progress at CBFL research seminars with a view to refining it for publication.
- Assist in other CBFL research projects and initiatives, as assigned by the CBFL Leadership, including producing working papers and reports, contributing to the substantive content of CBFL publications, assisting with CBFL events, managing manuscripts and undertaking basic editing.
- Attend and contribute to CBFL events.
- You are expected to be in residence in Singapore throughout the term of your appointment, subject to the standard NUS terms for annual leave.
The applicant requires good organisational skills, self-motivation, diligence, the ability to meet deadlines, and an eye for detail. A strong command, oral and written, of the English language is essential as well as evidence of an ability to independently produce publishable research. The required academic qualifications are as follows:
An appointment as a Research Associate may be offered to an applicant who has an LLM (Hons) degree and a further minimum of two years’ post-graduation experience.
Interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their applications directly at our NUS Career Portal. The application must comprise:
This should, inter alia, explain the reason for your interest in the position. Note that you need not identify a preference for any one of the specific listed positions; this will be determined by your qualifications, background, and expertise.
The application form should be completed and submitted together with the other required documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants may download the:
- Application form HERE
A curriculum vita should be submitted containing complete and detailed information on your academic institutions, honours, awards, all publications to date, and all professional experience (current and previous, including dates of employment and job descriptions).
As the successful applicant is expected to develop his or her own research to publishable standard, a writing sample (which should ideally be on some aspect related to your proposed research) must be included with the application. The sample must be submitted in Word format only
Letters of Recommendation
The application must be supported by two references from academic referees. Applicants must arrange for their referees to send their references to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
The closing date for the receipt of applications and references is 15 November 2021. Late applications cannot be considered.
Location: Bukit Timah Campus
Department : Dean's Office (Law)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 7132