Research Engineer, Power Converter Systems
NUS is looking for Research Engineer for design and development of intelligent grid-connected/islanded power converter systems, with special focus on power-quality and energy-interaction improvements in the built environment.
The job requires the candidate to design, control and implement efficient power converter systems that demonstrate building-to-grid and building-to-building interactions.
- Possess a recognised Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with specialization in power converters.
- Able and confident to design, analyse and perform experiments on power electronic converters independently or in a group.
- Capable of solving power system operation related problems including energy storage systems (ESSs) and renewable energy systems (RESs).
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary research team.
- Able to work independently by conducting experiments alone or in teams when required
- Assist in drafting research proposals and help managing the research funds and deliverables.
- Familiar with soft-switching techniques for state-of-the-art semiconductor devices such as SiC-MOSFETs to enhance efficiency of power electronic converters.
- Has experience in programming of Field Programming Logic Arrays (FPGAs), and real-time Hardware-in-Loop systems such as PLECS RT box.
- Familiar with state-of-the-art simulation platforms such as MATLAB/Simulink, PSIM and PLECS.
- Familiar with multi-objective optimal design of power converters, and PCB design tools such as Altium designer or equivalent.
- Able to work on multiple tasks and projects with teams, governmental agencies and collaborators with respect to the research.
- Able to draft research proposals, assist the PI in applying for research grants, and manage the research funds.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Open to fixed-term contract.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Electrical And Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 7744