Research Assistant, Integrated Women's Health Program
The National University of Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Assistant for “Integrated Women’s Health Program (IWHP)” in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The department has a long history of influential and cutting-edge research. Our key research areas are on the major issues concerning the Singapore population which have been identified as (1) infertility, (2) high risk pregnancies and congenital disorders, (3) healthy growth and disease prevention, (4) sexuality and (5) disorders of ageing. More information on the department is available at https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/obgyn/. IWHP is an ongoing prospective cohort study investigating associations between menopause and age-related health issues in Singapore. The initial appointment will be for one year, with the possibility to extend based on performance.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the projects on time. The RA’s principal role will be to work in general practices such as recruitment, data collection, literature review, data entry and analysis, manuscript writing and grant managements.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will liaise with the relevant personnel across disciplinaries to coordinate research related activities collection and will be accountable to the PI. The RA will be able to:
- Assist in the general management of the project;
- Provide logistic and administrative support in research related matters, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and collaborate with the study sites;
- Undertake the day to day running of the project at the study site, e.g. Collaborate with team members at the study sites, recruitment, data collection at hospitals/participants’ homes, administer questionnaires, perform, and record physical examinations, and collect blood samples and specimen for analysis including data entry and quality control of data such as audit & quality assurance assessments;
- Conduct literature searches, using SPSS to enter data, analyse data and write manuscript;
- Assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project for submission to regulatory bodies
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- Have a first degree with good results or holds a Master’s degree in nursing/medicine or related disciplines;
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail;
- and have knowledge of computer applications, e.g., SPSS, MS office, PowerPoint.
- Have experience in the conduct of cohort studies
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 6999