Freelance CII Tutor
Job Profile Teaching - Tutor
Contract Type Freelance
BPP Apprenticeship School is recruiting for a freelance tutor specialising in Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Professional Qualifications across the Insurance programmes.
We are looking for highly motivated tutors with significant Insurance Practitioner background .
The role of the tutor is to ensure that students in the Apprenticeship School receive an outstanding experience. Tutors must ensure that learners are being stretch and challenged by developing their knowledge, skills and/ or behaviours from the Apprenticeship Standard Insurance Practitioner or Insurance Professional during sessions. This is achieved via delivery of materials as per BPP’s teaching quality standards.
- Effectively plan for lessons and consider how key quality themes will be embedded whilst ensuring leader led / engaging session.
- Encourage a flipped learning approach and build on knowledge as learners progress through their apprenticeship programme.
- Communicate with the relevant BPP teams to ensure that any student support queries are addressed and feedback on design is captured.
- Ensure high quality and consistent teaching through the provision of detailed lesson briefs and support from the teaching team.
- Regularly review your live teaching feedback from learners and the teaching team and consider how you can continue to develop.
- Ensure CPD is kept up to date and you are familiar with BPP's quality requirements.
- Be willing to participate in Ofsted inspections (sessions may be subject to observation).
Department Professional Apprenticeships - Apprenticeship School
Vacancy location UK, Nationwide, Nationwide
- Completion of the CII qualification to Diploma level on the Insurance stream.
- Completion of the CII London market Units
- A teaching qualification
- If candidate does not currently hold either a teaching qualification or HEA membership, a commitment to achieving these through BPP's PGLCT or CPD programme is essential
- Significant Practitioner experience in the Insurance sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Ability to utilise the latest classroom technologies (such as Adobe Connect, Padlet, Kahoot, etc.) for face-to-face and online courses
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore the successful candidate will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not protected, as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
The role of an Apprenticeship School freelance tutor will develop your skills as a professional educator. Bespoke training is offered covering areas such as classroom techniques, marking assessments, teaching face to face or online using BPP systems and processes as agreed from time to time.
Contract Hours 0.00