Research Coordinator, Health Sciences Dean's Offices
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
HEALTH SCIENCES DEAN'S OFFICE
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 08
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Monitoring goals deadlines for InfoEd
- Managing research outputs electronically/hard copies
- Validating the scientific matric
- Organising training for capturers on InfoEd
- Supporting capturers and researchers
- Providing research report information
- Be informed on policy changes and give information through to facility/ask clarification from DHET when necessary
- Conducting research capacity building need analysis
- Coordinating research capacity building activities for staff and students
- Assisting students with accessing and responding to research funding opportunities
- Facilitating and contributing to development of faculty research database
- Deciding on duties of data capturers and office assistant
- Coordinating faculty submission of research output via annual plan
- Coordinating research capacity building announcements
- Updating the Faculty research website with current information on research outputs, InfoEd, journal indices, research policies and research activities
- Honours degree/ Postgraduate Diploma in administration or equivalent qualification
- Five years’ experience in postgraduate research of which three years must be at higher education environment
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Computer literacy with broad knowledge and experience in using MS Word, Excel, Gmail and the internet;
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly organised and a keen commitment to excellence;
- The ability to liaise and communicate effectively on all levels within the organisation and with clients from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Ability to work independently and participate effectively within a team;
- Meticulous and the ability to maintain high level of discretion and confidentiality;
- Excellent verbal and written language and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of student administration;
- Knowledge of institutional bodies i.e. HPCSA.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Masters degree;
- Experience in using PeopleSoft;
- Experience in postgraduate research;
- Ability to work in a team
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The total remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 28OCTOBER 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mr Edwin Montane, Tel: (012) 356 3243 or email Edwin.email@example.com for application-related enquiries, and Prof T Mashamba-Thompson, Tel: (012) 319 2102 or email Tivani.firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 December 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.