Academic Services Graduate
- 4x Full time, 18 months fixed term
- A chance to apply your creativity to find client-centred solutions for students and researchers
- Base Salary $78K + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Academic Services Graduate will be a recent graduate with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in information management, information systems, adult education, educational design, communication, journalism, publishing, data science, elearning or design computing. This position works closely with the Academic Liaison Librarians, Assistant Librarians and others in the development and delivery of quality client-centred Library programs and services for academics, researchers, students and other parts of the University community. This role ensures that information resources and services meet the current and future information needs of clients and are aligned to emerging trends in information support services and to the strategic direction of the University. These roles will lead a project that will deliver, within the 18-month period, a project to enhance the student or researcher experience. One of these will involve working closely with our Rare Books & Special Collections team.
- recently graduated/ completed degree (within the last 12 months) with an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in information management, information systems, adult education, educational design, communication, journalism, publishing, data science, elearning or design computing
- possess a strong desire to learn about the operations of libraries
- are naturally curious and have a passion for learning
- have strong time management skills and the ability to be adaptable in a challenging environment
- exemplify initiative and an understanding of delivering services aligned to client needs
- have an ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients
- are able to work with a variety of colleagues in the planning, development and implementation of online learning resources and services.
- have an understanding of the wider higher education context
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, Wednesday, 27 October 2021
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Please click here to apply https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE.
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Riviera Son, Recruitment Operations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.