The Oral Health Centre of Western Australia
- Two, full-time, fixed-term appointment for 12 months
- Salary range: Level 9 $117,049 - $123,858 plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The Oral Health Centre of Western Australia (OHCWA) is a dental teaching hospital within The University of Western Australia School of Dentistry. The Centre is the primary focus for oral health education, research and specialist care delivery in Western Australia. It treats over 15,000 patients a year and delivers a range of clinical and technical training programs.
About the opportunity
You will seek to ensure that dental students have access to sufficient dental patients as they need to meet the requirements of their curriculum and the treatment they provide is delivered efficiently and in the best interests of these patients. The position is also responsible for the provision of dental services to OHCWA patients.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Dentist qualification registrable with the Dental Board of Australia
- Considerable clinical experience, preferably in a community dentistry or clinical teaching environment
- Supervisory and leadership skills
- Demonstrated computer competency, including the capacity to maintain electronic patient records and clinical-related correspondence.
- Demonstrated commitment to and awareness of cross-cultural issues
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound organisational ability, including a demonstrated ability to use initiative
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. Please see the position description prior to applying.
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: Friday, 29 October 2021
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.