Physiotherapy Lecturer/Senior Teaching Fellow, Cardio-Respiratory
Allied Health Professions
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £39,152 to £49,553 per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Thursday 11 November 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
We are looking for an experienced physiotherapist with expertise in respiratory to join our motivated and innovative teaching team at the University of Southampton.
This post is offered on a full-time, permanent basis.
You will have a range of physiotherapy experience, be an experienced physiotherapy educator and be able to bring innovative teaching methods and contemporary practice-based experience to our well-established curriculum. You will be expected to support the teaching of respiratory physiotherapy and a range of teaching and learning experiences, including module leadership. For the lecturer position, you will be developing a national reputation for research and have a track record of conducting and disseminating research through leading peer-reviewed publications, conferences and other appropriate events.
As part of the Physiotherapy teaching team you will be required to have responsibility for module leadership and support of respiratory physiotherapy education including session delivery, marking and examining. For the Lecturer position, you will be required to undertake research in line with the Academic Unit’s research strategy and supervise postgraduate research students.
Other tasks will include
- Contributing to the design and delivery of programmes curriculum
- Clinical visiting and placement support
- Student support and progression
- Quality monitoring and enhancement activities across Faculty and University teams
You will be joining a vibrant academic community committed to extending understanding in research, education, and practice to create integrated educational programmes unique to the Faculty and make a positive difference to local and global health. You will receive support and line management from the Programme Manager.
The skills/experience needed
- HCPC registration and be a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
- Teaching experience at undergraduate or postgraduate level preferably in cardio-respiratory physiotherapy and/or formal teaching qualification(s).
- Pedagogic or practitioner research experience at MSc level as a minimum.
- Clinical expertise in cardio-respiratory physiotherapy, and proven track record in research (Lecturer).
This post is suitable for Physiotherapists, registered with HCPC, who are experienced educationalists.
For additional information/informal enquiries before submitting your application, contact Ruth Turk, Programme Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Hannah Nash (HR Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 4043 or email email@example.com Please quote reference 1454021CF-R2 on all correspondence.
Please include a covering letter and full CV in your application.