Senior Operations Officer
The Dyson Institute is building a world class Institute, to develop the Engineering Leaders of the future. We are searching for talented individuals who are passionate to join our newly established Operations team. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of a Higher Education institute, delivering world-class operational excellence.
With the newly awarded New Degree Awarding Powers, you will also have the unique opportunity to define and deliver projects that will contribute to a Higher Education Institute like no other.
As a Senior/Lead Operations Officer, you will support The Dyson Institute in managing business as usual activities and responding quickly and decisively to manage emerging situations.
You'll enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where two days are rarely the same. Youâ€™ll work with staff and students to ensure the smooth running of day to day activities and operational support the degree apprenticeship programme, interfacing with a wide range of Dyson stakeholders, including the Academic and Workplace Team, Quality and Standards, Audit, Security, Health and Safety, Legal and the student population.Â You will have experience of prioritising work, motivating a team and engaging successfully with a wide variety of stakeholders to get things done. Youâ€™ll use logical and creative thinking to deliver the best experience for our staff and students.
Ideally, you will also have experience working within the Operational team of a Higher Education Institution or another people-focussed industry.
- Day to day decision making and management of operational activities, with a focus towards implementation of practices and process required by higher education relevant standards and regulatory requirements.
- Operational support to the delivery of academic and apprenticeship activities.
- Create, develop and implement operational processes to support the day-to-day running of the Dyson Institute and train staff in their usage.
- Work with the Project Management function to define requirements for future developments and help to drive feedback and meaningful change.
- Taking responsibility for aspects of the Instituteâ€™s preparation for and follow up to internal and external audit/inspection activity;
- Drive delivery of continuous improvement activity with regards to operational processes.
- Ensure all health and safety, security and other sector-specific regulations are followed across the Institute.
- Work with peers across The Dyson Institute to manage and develop incident response processes that align to best-practice
- Co-ordinate rapid responses to unexpected situations where required, such as global pandemics or emergent situations.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other internal teams and external organisations and manage relationships of existing partners.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as and when required, as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Ability to develop, implement and review operational processes that support the ongoing delivery of apprenticeship provision, meet internal and external regulatory requirements, and respond to stakeholders needs.
- The ability to understand and manipulate complex data, with excellent attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of working collaboratively, with a focus on customer service and the ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues at various levels of an organisation.
- Effective communication skills (both written and oral), including the ability to provide expert advice and guidance to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend appropriate solutions, taking into account relevant internal and external factors.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritising appropriately and using organisational skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills including experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio and complex databases), SharePoint and reporting tools, and the ability to learn how to use new systems quickly.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Higher education operational experience
- Exposure to compliance, quality assurance or regulation, with the ability to develop knowledge and understanding of new areas quickly and apply this in the higher education context
- Knowledge of the UK Apprenticeships agenda.
- Experience of privacy and information management.