Manager, Access and Discovery, HEO 9
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Mawson Lakes, Australia
- 14 Oct 2021
- End of advertisement period
- 11 Nov 2021
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Based in the University Library at the Mawson Lakes campus
- Full-time, continuing position
- Attractive remuneration package plus 17% superannuation
About the Role
Based in the third most liveable city in the world, we have an exciting career opportunity to join Australia’s University of Enterprise in 2022. Reporting directly to Deputy Director: Resources and Technical Services and as a dynamic member of the Library Management Group, the Manager: Access and Discovery will contribute to the strategic planning of the Library and its role in achieving UniSA’s goals.
Lead and motivate a team of high performing technical experts to meet the Library’s strategic targets while continually improving business processes. You will work towards the development and delivery of effective and innovative services, including the provision of high-quality metadata and interoperable technology infrastructure, to provide access to resources in support of teaching, learning and research.
About UniSA Library
The University of South Australia Library supports the University’s teaching, learning and research mission through the provision of relevant information resources and associated services.
The Access and Discovery team has responsibility for the description and discoverability of all resources in multiple formats and for the development and maintenance of major Library systems and authentication services, including the University’s Research Output Repository which showcases UniSA’s research to the world.
Progressive and dynamic, the Library operates in an environment of increasing availability of digital information in support of the University’s Digital Learning Strategy. As such, it has accelerated its commitment to acquire the vast majority of resources in digital format which are accessible and discoverable via an established next generation Library Management System.
- Manage, lead, and motivate staff to meet strategic targets and continually improve business processes
- Ensure the Access and Discovery team possess the skills and core attributes to meet the goals and objectives of the Library
- Develop and craft strategy and policy for the Library’s information technology
- Manage the provision of high-quality metadata for information resources
- Innovate and manage aspects of resource management related to cataloguing, digitisation, preservation and data management and quality
- Develop and manage the Research Outputs Repository
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience developing and leading high performing teams
- The ability to implement continuous improvement of work practices and procedures
- Experience building partnerships with other units within an organisation and external stakeholders including system developers and vendors
- Technical knowledge in the evaluation, acquisition and exploitation of sophisticated discovery and access tools and systems
- Proficient analytical, research and writing skills
- Knowledge of industry trends relevant to Library information systems
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Georgie Hart, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 3545.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Thursday 11 November 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.