Assistant Professor/Associate/ Full Professor - Immunology
- Qatar (QA)
- 13 Oct 2021
- End of advertisement period
- 30 May 2022
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Other Health & Social Care
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Title Assistant Professor/Associate/ Full Professor
Department Name Basic Medical Science Department- Immunology
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Medicine is the eighth college of Qatar University and was founded in October 2014. It is fully aligned with Qatar’s national strategies in Education and Health, as well as Qatar University’s strategic plan. The College of Medicine will admit the first cohort of students in Fall 2015 and will utilize an innovative ability-based curriculum and a student-centered approach to teaching and learning to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to graduate competent physicians to meet the health care needs of society. The College will offer a 6-year medical program, leading to an MD degree that will enable graduates to pursue advanced clinical training. Graduates will be prepared by the College of Medicine to sit for international medical licensing exams to ensure their seamless transition into the next phases of their medical careers. The College will contribute to medical education, patient care, medical research, and community outreach in Qatar. We intend to build an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber, skilled in the scholarship of teaching, discovery, application and integration of knowledge. See our website at www.qu.edu.qa/medicine for further information.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Faculty members are expected to provide up-to-date reports involving teaching activities and student advising as assigned by the department
- Faculty members will be responsible for course development and participate in curriculum and program development
- Meet all instructional and advising responsibilities as specified in the policies and procedures (refer to Part-4 within this handbook)
- Participate in scholarly and research activities which enhance their professional development and contribute to their discipline
- Serve as appropriate in the department, college and university committees
- Provide professional services to the University and community
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field is necessary.
- Required to be at least recognized authority in the subject area with achievements in research and scholarship, and an in-depth understanding of own specialism(s) to enable the development of new knowledge and understanding within the field.
- Evidence of relevant research potential, including potential to publish in appropriate leading journals.
- Evidence of ability in teaching example able to use a range of delivery techniques to engage the interest and enthusiasm of students and inspire them to learn.
- Ability to initiate development in the curriculum and to take responsibility for the effective and efficient delivery of teaching programs, developing the curriculum and appropriate assessment techniques.
- Understanding of equal opportunity issues as they may impact on areas of teaching.
- Engaged in continuous professional development.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate well to colleagues and different kinds of students.
- Ability to perform to required deadlines and to initiate, plan, organize and deliver programs of work.
- Curriculum Vitea with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitea.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.