Teaching Assistant, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
The Teaching Assistant assists the medical educationalists at the Centre for Medical Education (CenMED) and NUSMed in supporting medical education research and teaching-related activities
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with workshops, assessments, record keeping, and other miscellaneous projects.
- Assist with research-related work such as conduct literature review, data collection, data analysis and tracking of research projects and funding.
- Mentor students.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate teaching materials to ensure content and methods of delivery meet learning objectives.
- Prepare presentations.
- Participate in the assessment process, using a variety of methods and techniques and provide effective, timely and appropriate feedback to students to support their learning.
- Help the centre develop course plans for workshops.
- Assist the centre in conference organisation.
- Undertake some administrative duties as requested by the Senior Director, CenMED or his nominee.
- Good first degree in medicine/nursing/allied health/stastistics/education/psychology and sciences or related area would be an advantage.
- Any postgraduate qualification in Education related subject would be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to accept collegiate responsibilities and act accordingly.
- Must be proficient in MS Words, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
- Proficient in research software such as SPSS or NVivo
- Teaching experience at undergraduate level.
- Course administration experience.
- Research experience in related subject.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Contact list for further enquiries