Construction Scotland Innovation Centre (CSIC)
With an expanding diversity of projects, we have an exciting opportunity to join Construction Scotland Innovation Centre as Technical Coordinator – Retrofit. The Construction Scotland Innovation Centre supports Scotland’s construction related businesses, clients and key stakeholders to collaborate, innovate and grow by matching innovation requirements with business support and academic excellence. We offer advice, funding, facilitation and access to appropriate expertise, improving Scotland’s competitiveness and growing economic, social and environmental impact.
The Technical Team is based in CSIC’s Innovation Factory and responsible for project delivery, physical prototyping activity, the operation of a wide range of advanced manufacturing equipment and providing assistance and supervision to our clients, trade and professional bodies, partners in academia and FE colleges and public sector organisations who engage with the Innovation Factory.
Since its beginning in 2014 CSIC has worked on more than 300 projects with industry, academic and other partners. These projects drive our output and impact, inspiring industry to change and innovate, and create economic opportunity such as jobs and revenue.
This is a fixed term position for a period of 12 months to support activity within the Innovation Factory.
The Technical Coordinator - Retrofit role focusses on working within the Retrofit Team from a technical aspect to assist in the development and successful delivery of a number of exciting and transformative Innovation Factory projects.
The post holder will have responsibility for:
- Contributing to retrofit-based projects, including the development of retrofit training rigs and solutions. This will be varied manufacturing and assembly work involving the operation of our range of advanced manufacturing equipment
- Help deliver a safe working and training environment for visitors, participants & colleagues
- Provide support for project scoping and coordination, which may include design, data analysis, report writing and customer liaison
- Provide support for the operation of a large-scale prototyping space which regularly engages with clients (businesses), trade and professional bodies, partners in academia and FE colleges and public sector organisations.
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity, judgement and responsibility when working with visitors and staff who will be engaging with the facility
- Support the delivery of projects and programmes by monitoring, reporting and following up project actions; maintaining project documentation; and producing project minutes and reports
- Provide general technical support as directed by the Chief Executive Officer, Director of Operations and Director of Innovation and Engagement
- Under the guidance of the Retrofit Head of Programmes and Technical Manager, support CSIC’ s internal teams with appropriate technical support services when required
Construction Scotland Innovation Centre (CSIC) is based at its facility in Hamilton International Technology Park, near Glasgow. A unique facility featuring advanced technology and specialist equipment to support the construction sector to innovate, collaborate and grow.
However more flexible working arrangement may be required as we comply with any COVID-19 government restrictions and guidance.
Who We Are Looking For
The successful candidate will have existing technical knowledge of the retrofit process and offsite construction methods and materials and may have some practical construction experience with digital design and operating production machinery, although there will be opportunity to learn new skills and all relevant training will be provided.
As the role involves working within a small and close-knit team, with some externally facing responsibility, the successful candidate will have good interpersonal and communications skills, be a self-starter, highly self-motivated and be a strong team player.
- Relevant degree or equivalent relevant experience in a construction related discipline
- Experience of managing, or contributing to the management of, projects, including good governance
- Experience of implementing and enforcing health and safety protocols and processes to ensure a safe working environment for all personnel and visitors, at all times
- Excellent organisation, planning and time management skills for effective working and prioritisation of workloads
- Can demonstrate initiative, creativity, judgement and responsibility
- IT literate, proficient in technical applications - most specifically CAD/CAM software
The successful candidate will be expected to work within a home and/or designated environment during periods where the Centre is inaccessible due to restrictions relating to the coronavirus pandemic.
To know more about this exciting opportunity please click here to view the role profile.
CSIC works with a variety of university and college partners across Scotland and internationally and is administered by Edinburgh Napier University.
Benefits We Offer
Salary: Grade 4, £27,116 - £32,344 per annum
Further information about our benefits can be found here
Closing date: 22nd October @ 11.59pm
Interview date: TBC
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations and holds Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here.