Coordinator for Affiliate Relation
ORGANIZATION NAME College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
Reporting to the Manager for Affiliate Relations, the Coordinator for Affiliate Relations at Khalifa University’s College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS) supports in the development and implementation of clinical programs in the areas of medical student education.
- Supports the Manager for Affiliate Relations in the day-to-day operations of the program.
- Assists in implementation of goals and project plans for Affiliate Relations, reporting progress against goals and achieving results.
- Provides assistance to the Manager in establishing partnerships with hospitals, clinics and other health care organizations, in the UAE and abroad, for clinical placement of medical students
- Assists the Manager for Affiliate Relations in identifying and recruiting potential adjunct faculty.
- Assists the Manager in the evaluation of faculty development needs at each of the clinical affiliates and coordinates follow up with the Assistant Dean for Faculty Affairs.
- Travels to affiliate locations as needed for relationship management.
- Travels to affiliate locations on a scheduled basis to obtain feedback on student performance in the clinical setting.
- Aids in the organization of clinical placements of medical students.
- Provides support for special projects as needed in support of Affiliate Relations.
- Manages communications to/from affiliate members and volunteers.
- Assists the Manager for Affiliate Relations in the production of regular reports on the performance of medical students and issues at each of the affiliate sites.
- Updates program policies as needed.
- Develops resources available to students for clinical electives in the UAE and abroad.
- Ensures adherence to the University’s information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensures coordination and team work with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs and their line managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or healthcare-related area.
- Master’s degree, preferably in business or healthcare-related area.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Critical thinking skills, effective communication, and decisive judgment
- Ability to work with attention to details
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in medical education
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in an administrative or program support role including volunteer management experience
- Familiarity or experience with an education institution in the Middle East.
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).