Postdoc Position in the Field of Integrated Risk Assessment of Pesticides
The Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the Postdoc position in the field of Integrated Risk Assessment of Pesticides
Workplace: RECETOX, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Working Hours: full time, 40 hours per week
Expected Start Date: 1. 1. 2022
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021, or until the position is filled
EU Researcher Profile: R3
RECETOX focuses on interdisciplinary research and education in the area of Environment & Health, studying toxic compounds and their behavior, transport & bioaccumulation to evaluate environmental effects, assess the exposure and health risks to humans, and develop technologies and biotechnologies to break them down. https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en
Research topic and job description
To the research group of Soil environmental chemistry and toxicology (https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en/research/principal-investigators/prof-jakub-hofman), we are searching for experienced, multidisciplinary, innovative and highly motivated scientist for the research topic “integrated risk assessment of pesticides”. The topic is multidisciplinary, combining environmental chemistry and modelling, toxicology and ecotoxicology, geographical information systems, crop protection and pesticides, databases and big-data processing, human health risks assessment and ecological risk assessment. The prospective scientist will develop tools for the integrated risk assessment of pesticides from national to European level. He or she will elaborate large data on plant protection products use and properties, modell and predict their inputs to the environment, their fate and distribution, their exposure, effects, impacts and risks. On this task, he or she will closely cooperate with the group leader and co-supervise a PhD student.
The position is open within the international collaborative H2020 project SPRINT, with the main aim to develop a Global Health Risk Assessment Toolbox to assess impacts of plant protection products (PPP) on ecosystem, plant, animal and human (EPAH) health. More information about project, its partners and other is here: https://www.sprint-h2020.eu/
Inquiries about the position and research topic can be sent to prof. Jakub Hofman, email@example.com
Skills and Qualifications
Candidate should have
- Ph.D. certification in the area of environmental sciences (env. toxicology, env. chemistry, ecotoxicology, geography ...) or close disciplines;
- Must prove (in CV and motivation letter) previous sufficient experience and praxis in all of the following areas: 1) risk assessment, 2) environmental modelling, 3) geographical information systems (GIS);
- Highly preferred previous practical experience with: environmental chemistry, toxicology and ecotoxicology, crop protection and pesticides, databases and big-data processing;
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to gain insight into the research topic;
- Independence, creativity and innovative spirit to develop novel tools for pesticide assessment;
- Experience and high motivation to present and publish scientific results;
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal English communication and teamwork skills.
- Vibrant working environment and access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Fully equipped modern https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en/services/recetox-laboratories
- The dynamic group surrounded by an international team of experts
- Involvement in national and international projects
- Employee benefits: 6 weeks of paid leave per year, health insurance, pension insurance contribution, meal vouchers, discounted language courses, etc.
- Support with your relocation
- Brno provides a high quality of life; it is a university city with lots of cultures and very family-friendly https://brnoregion.com/work
- We offer an initial appointment for one year with possible extension upon mutual satisfaction.
Applicants should provide the following information in English
- CV (European standard recommended)
- Summary of publications and research outputs (can be within the CV)
- A motivation letter stating the research interests, reasoning for the job and especially clearly explaining and proving the required expertise
- Names and contact details of at least 3 professional referees
- Ph.D. certification
The deadline for applications is on 31 October 2021. A review of applications will run continuously as they are received and until the position is filled. The short-listed applicants complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Teams interviews.
The application shall be submitted online via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below). After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Barbora Chlubná.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with the principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided. The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of Masaryk University, generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Brno, the capital of the South Moravian Region, situated approximately halfway between Prague and Vienna, it is the largest university town in the Czech Republic and a modern metropolis with a long history and culture. Recognizing the university’s significant role in making Brno one of the most innovative cities in the CEE region, it continuously supports, together with the South Moravian Region, the local scientific, start-up, and high-tech communities.
Visit aur Career page.