Research Associate, Case Study Unit
The Case Study Unit (CSU) at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy (LKYSPP) produces case studies that cover a wide range of issues in public policy, administration and management with an Asian focus. We promote the use of case studies for public policy learning and public sector training, and manage a repository of over a hundred case studies that can be found in the LKYSPP Case Study Library. These are used in classroom teaching for degree and executive education programmes at the LKYSPP. CSU is looking to hire a Research Associate who will work with the CSU team to conceptualise and produce case studies and promote the use of case studies for public policy teaching and learning. This position reports to the Head of CSU.
- Conceptualise and write case studies
- Supervise external case writers and student research assistants
- Support the organisation of the Case Writing Competition and other activities
- Manage collaborations with internal and external partners
- Develop and conduct case study workshops and other training events
- 3 years’ work experience or equivalent, work experience in public policy-related areas preferred
- Strong skills in data gathering, writing and communication
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Bachelor’s degree or higher qualifications, preferably in a social science discipline.
Please include the following documents in the application:
- One-page cover letter, with a brief statement of relevant research experience
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates & Transcripts (undergraduate and Masters, as relevant): Scanned copies for initial application
- One writing sample (min. 2000 words)
- Details of two referees (preferably academic) who can comment on the applicant’s academic abilities and research experience
Please send electronic submissions to email@example.com .
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.