Research Assistant, Department of Microbiology and Immunology
6 days left
- Full Time
We have a research assistant position in the Infectious Diseases Translational Research Programme at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine at the National University of Singapore. We are seeking to hire a motivated candidate with background in parasitology and molecular biology to work on malaria related projects. The project is focused on the understanding the mechanisms of action and resistance of anti-malarials in Plasmodium cynomolgi as a surrogate model for the human malaria parasite Plasmodium vivax.
The scope of job includes selection of drug resistant P. cynomolgi mutants and validation of putative targets by reverse genetics using CRISPR/Cas9. The work will entail strong collaborations with the malaria and infectious disease teams at NUS, A*STAR and NTU.
- Bachelors degree in biomedical engineering
- Experience in the malaria parasite culture, microscopy and molecular biology is strongly preferred. Prior experience with malaria cultures will be an advantage.
- Highly motivated with ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Organized and responsible team member
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
Interested candidates should email a CV, cover letter describing research experience and interests and the names and email addresses of three references to A/Prof Pablo BIFANI at the Department of Microbiology and Immunology email add: firstname.lastname@example.org), National University of Singapore.