Regulation and Compliance Administrative Officer
Job Profile Academic Quality - Regulation
Contract Type Permanent
The role will be primarily home-based, however the employee will very occasionally be required to attend the Birmingham office (e.g. for team meetings or to complete particular tasks).
BPP University is a private university which offers a range of programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels across law, business & technology, nursing & health programmes.
The Office of Regulation and Compliance is responsible for the day-to-day administration of regulatory and compliance matters relating to University students, and your role as the team's Administrative Officer will primarily be to support them in doing so.
- Daily management of a shared mailbox and answering queries from students and relevant business units regarding regulatory and compliance matters including:
- mitigating circumstances;
- academic appeals;
- academic misconduct, such as plagiarism and collusion; and
- formal complaints;
- Management of effective data collection and reporting procedures.
- Assisting and supporting stakeholders by providing data and information to relevant business units, external agencies, or professional bodies.
- Maintaining an understanding of regulatory policies and procedures and disseminating this information to students and key stakeholders.
- Ensuring effective workflow activity in order to meet targets and specified deadlines.
- Identifying improvements in policies and procedures to contribute to the continuous operational improvement of the Office of Regulation and Compliance.
- Supporting the Office of Regulation and Compliance with other administrative tasks when required.
Department University Academic Services - Academic Services
Vacancy location UK, Home Based, Home and Office Based
- Previous experience in an administrative role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent levels of IT literacy and confidence in using software including Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, and Adobe.
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative.
- The ability to work independently and manage individual tasks.
- Sensitivity to difficult and challenging circumstances including maintaining confidentiality.
- The ability to assist and advise a range of people, including students as well as individuals at all levels of the University both internal and external to the team.
- Previous experience dealing with regulatory and compliance matters.
- Previous experience of working in a higher education setting.
Contract Hours 37.50