Senior Lecturer, Computer Science and/or Cybersecurity, Teaching Focussed
- Full-time position, Fixed-term (3 years with possible extension)
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Senior Lecturer - $119,899 - $137,724 per annum + 17% superannuation
La Trobe University, in partnership with Australian employers, has recently won a government grant as part of the Cybersecurity Skills Partnership Innovation Fund. La Trobe’s project will see educators and agencies accelerate the quality and quantity of cybersecurity professionals as an outcome of the following activities: innovatively upskill and reskill career changers, job seekers, current cyber professionals and employers with new micro-credentialed learning; exposing 80,000+ high school students to cybersecurity concepts and education; provide experiential learning through work based learning; and develop cyber capacity in exposed industries including SME’s, critical infrastructure and in regional Australia.
About the position
The Senior Lecturer, with a combination of teaching and program management duties, is expected to manage the development and delivery of the Cybersecurity upskilling project with our partners, develop and coordinate curriculum within the programs, and demonstrate teaching excellence with innovative and contemporary teaching methodologies.
This position is located in the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology in the School of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences on the Bundoora campus. The role will also work with the team that supports the Director of La Trobe Innovation and Entrepreneurship Programs to manage the Cybersecurity upskilling project with our partners and La Trobe University resources.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- A higher degree by research in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of recognition and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in small teams.
- Demonstrated innovation in teaching practices in the discipline to improve student engagement.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, curriculum development including subject coordination in blended and/or online modes with a commitment to excellence in teaching, as evidenced by sustained high results on student feedback on teaching surveys, teaching excellence awards or through other forms of evidence.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders to achieve stated outcomes.
- Demonstrated track record of effective co-ordination and collaboration skills with Industry partners.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at course/program level.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively, collaboratively and productively with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55 pm Thursday 21st October 2021
Position Enquiries: Prof Naveen Chilamkurti, Email: N.Chilamkurti@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.