Executive Dean – Faculty of Business
To provide innovative, strategic and operational leadership that leverages best practices and models to develop, and implement programs that meet the job market requirements, and supply knowledgeable and highly qualified graduates. To lead the program curricula development and quality delivery and ensure the implementation of the most effective teaching and learning strategies to consistently increase student success at HCT. To engage with relevant professional groups and HCT Faculty in order to meet the instructional and teaching needs of the Division and oversee educational program delivery, Quality Assurance, Quality Improvement, Finance and Human Resources activities.
- Lead the development and implementation of the most effective teaching, learning and assessment strategies for the Academic Division's strategy in alignment with HCT's system-wide strategy.
- Promote both HCT and the Academic Division locally and internationally and HCT, and is responsible for oversight of programs' development, delivery, quality assurance, and quality improvement.
- Commit to pursuing actively HCT's linkages with the relevant professional groups and industry sectors, and to promoting HCT's international activities and profile.
- Oversee Faculty engagement in applied research relevant to their division's interests and the national innovation agenda and its targeted priority sectors.
- A Ph.D. in a relevant discipline is required where applicable.
- A minimum of 12 years of related work experience in higher education, with at least 8 years spent in a senior supervisory/leadership role with a record of progressive responsibility and authority.
- Proven track-record collaborating with business and industry.
- Experience in developing course curriculum as per accreditation and international standards.
- Experience designing and implementing quality assurance and institutional change processes.
- Experience in budget planning and implementation.
Founded in 1988, the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) has grown to be the UAE’s largest applied higher educational institution, with approximately 25,000 students attending modern, technology-oriented male and female campuses across seven Emirates in the UAE. HCT employs more than 2,000 staff, from over 80 nationalities of diverse cultures from around the world who share professional practices and innovative ideas thereby enriching the HCT community.
HCT offers a wide range of English-taught programs in the core academic fields of Engineering Technology & Science, Computer Information Science, Applied Media, Business, Education and Health Sciences. These programs are designed in consultation with UAE business and industry leaders to ensure that HCT student skills are job-relevant and up to the highest standards, and to empower students with skills to become technical leaders and entrepreneurs.
How to apply
If you are interested in working for the HCT, please apply for the position online by clicking this link: https://recruit.hct.ac.ae/WebForms/ViewJobDetail.aspx?j=38424&h=0#
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Keywords to use in LinkedIn: Leadership, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Tourism, Statistics, Accounting, Data Science, Big data, analytics, Finance, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Tourism and Events Management, Quality and Strategic Management, Transportation Logistics, International Business