Client Side Project Manager
The Estates and Facilities Directorate provides a number of essential services to Durham University and is responsible for managing, maintaining and developing the infrastructure and building fabric of the various campuses, including:
- maintaining and regularly reviewing a maintenance programme which takes account of short, medium and long term needs of all buildings and University grounds;
- implementing the works identified and funded within the various maintenance programmes and operating a system for dealing with day-to day requirements, including the provision of an out-of-hours emergency service;
- providing a professional, technical service to the University for the design, construction and procurement of new buildings and adaptation works to existing buildings;
- identifying and recording the use of space and advising on ways of increasing space utilisation;
- property and asset management;
- acquisition and disposal of built environment related assets;
- procuring and managing utilities and services;
- providing postal, delivery and security arrangements and advice to the University; and
- the delivery of a wide-range of customer-facing services, including: contract management; estates and facilities relationships management; housekeeping and cleaning, business resilience, event management; reception helpdesk; university retail; business support; health and safety; and management information.
The Project Manager will provide a total service in connection with the evaluation, planning, coordination, procurement, execution and timely completion of individual building/ refurbishment/infrastructure/remodelling projects within the Estates Strategy and wider-University Strategy.
Please note, the application deadline may be brought forward subject to the number of applicants.